Battle of Endor as an X-Wing?

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Battle of Endor as an X-Wing?

I am not a Jedi
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by I am not a Jedi » Sun May 19, 2002 5:06 am

Has this been done?? The original kinda annoyed me that you've flown the whole game as Ace then all of a sudden you're flying the Falcon...<P>Has there been a mission (pack or otherwise) that lets you fly the BoE as any ship other than a Cort? I reckon it'd be stacks cooler to fly in it in a more realistic environment (as Red 4, for example - or something like that - one of the unnamed pilots in the film)<P>can anyone help me out?
Hey you! Off my planet!! Image

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Sun May 19, 2002 7:21 am

There is a mission out there that lets you fly the battle of Endor as Red 1 (Wedge) But I can't remember where you can get it
End of line...

I am not a Jedi
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by I am not a Jedi » Sun May 19, 2002 7:53 am

Yeah, there's one as part of the BoE updates on Ace's site, but from what i understand, it only replaces Mission 4 (the tunnel run), rather than the whole battle....? Am I right?<P>Would it be possible to take the mission into AlliED or something and just switch player craft to one of the X-Wings?

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Sun May 19, 2002 9:42 am

Why don't you do it yourself? It would be relatively simply to do it in the unregistered version of AlliED.
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

I am not a Jedi
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by I am not a Jedi » Sun May 19, 2002 1:12 pm

Yeah, just thought I'd check to see if it'd work before i go messing with it. (not much of the the adventurous type, m'self, lol!)<P><BR>... ok, so actually i'm just lazy... :D

General Taskeen
Ensign

Post by General Taskeen » Thu May 23, 2002 11:27 am

Ace Antilles use to have a Battle of Endor upgrade, with dialogue from the movies and fixed missions. It also included an alternative mission to play as Wedge in his X-Wing.<P>I still have that too...<p>[ 23 May 2002: Message edited by: General Taskeen ]
Jg26[Gj37]/|Taskeen<BR><A HREF="http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com" TARGET=_blank>BFE</A>

I am not a Jedi
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by I am not a Jedi » Fri May 24, 2002 12:16 pm

Did that one have the entire battle as wedge, or just the reactor run?

General Taskeen
Ensign

Post by General Taskeen » Fri May 24, 2002 7:13 pm

Just the reactor run.<P>Ms. Talon also has a nice Battle of Endor mission in which you do fly in a X-Wing, A-Wing, etc.<p>[ 24 May 2002: Message edited by: General Taskeen ]
Jg26[Gj37]/|Taskeen<BR><A HREF="http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com" TARGET=_blank>BFE</A>

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sat May 25, 2002 5:34 pm

Go To Abolisher's website, and look for Modified Endor Missions I think that's what you're looking for, also he has a lot of good missions there, besides Abolisher, Wedge Antille's website and TIE Corps (for Tie missions) those seem like there the only websites that have pretty-good missions for XWA. :)<P>Sincerely, rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

I am not a Jedi
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by I am not a Jedi » Mon May 27, 2002 8:11 am

I checked out Abolisher's site, the modified endor mission was only a change with the Cal Cruisers, wasn't it? It said that apart from that, all was the same. <P>*shrugs*<P>I'll figure something out. Thanks Guys =)

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Mon May 27, 2002 9:12 pm

Sorry, it just dawned on me what you are talking about.. you're talking about the <B> Endor </B> patch and the <B> BEUP </B> patch, that was out a few years ago, what I do is, actually combine the (2) together. The Endor patch is the one where you can have an X-wing instead of the Cort.<P>The BEUP has a few custom sounds but not the X-wing (if I'm correct on this, can't remember) But it has one very important thing, on mission 2 it has an <B> A-wing </B> crashing into the command bridge of the SSD ( I had to use AlliED to make it go to the right spot, with Matt's SSD. :D Anyway. you could use AlliED to have an X-wing instead of a Cort. ) .Is this is what you are talking about?<P>Sincerely, rogue518<p>[ 27 May 2002: Message edited by: rogue518 ]
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue May 28, 2002 8:47 pm

Ok. First if you download <B>Altair's</B> version of mission 4 there is a mission called Wedge. That will let you fly the XW instead of the Falcon. Rename the mission to the original name to mix in properly.<P>Second both <B>mine</B> and Altair's Endor upgrades recreate Wes Janson's BEUP A-wing crash bit.<BR>I hope that clears things up for good. :D<P> Image
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

I am not a Jedi
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by I am not a Jedi » Wed May 29, 2002 12:31 am

Thanks for that, Ace. If i wanted the ENTIRE BoE in an X-Wing, however, could i download your new mission pack (which has the sound updates, plus the A-Wing smash, am i right? is there more?) then take them all (missions 1-3, then use the "wedge" mission for mission 4) into the Shareware version of AlliED and just switch player craft to one of the X-wings in there...?<P>Obviously, the sounds may be a bit off continuity wise, but in theory, that'd work, right?

ego_leader
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by ego_leader » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:55 am

You can just change the players craft for flying the deathstar run. I switched from the falcon to Wedge. Thats waht I did.
Superior Pilot<BR>Superior Human<BR>Superior Ego

Alex The Rookie Barlow
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Alex The Rookie Barlow » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:52 pm

:D <BR>But I do agree that the character switch to Lando is a bit weird

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:32 pm

You really need to change your name.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:21 am

Well, maybe "Ace" Azzameen was in the falcon. If you watch closely, they show a guy sitting in the Back behind Lando. It is only for a second. My theory.
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

I am not a Jedi
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by I am not a Jedi » Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:58 am

legend - yeah, that coulda been ace in the falcon - as far as a continuity thing, it can be explained, it's just annoying that you're suddenly not flying an X-Wing anymore...<P>*shrugs* maybe if they'd finished the game it'd all be nice. *sigh* ah well... in the meantime, i swapped the player craft, it was much more fun, but I failed the third battle because the Falcon needs to get to the rally point and just... doesn't. heh. A tad annoying. Ah well.<P>Thanks for your input guys. :D