JUST LOOK at these OPTS already!!

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Re: JUST LOOK at these OPTS already!!

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:55 pm

XWA is NOT dead.<P>We're still here. It would be reasonable to say that there is less modding, but the community is still here.<P>So, XWA modding is declining.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:12 pm

Does this mean that JM's still going to complete the redo? Or are these all we're going to get? Not that I'm being critical, of course. They totally kick ass and if it's all we get then I'm happy as a clam. Just a question.
Am I supposed to put something witty here?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:27 pm

Probably, well he hasn't made any effort to answer this thread or complain about his opts being release without his premission.<P>You might as well kiss the new Mol Cals goodbye, I doubt even the members will ever see them let alone you lot!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:21 am

Oh well, at least we have the "Temporary" MonCals which alone are several hundred times better than the TG ones. Ho-hum. The only true niggly point is the textures, but they look so good regardless :D
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:25 pm

Very true
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:24 pm

I don't mind the textures on the winged, but the other one looks a bit odd
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Avenger One
Captain

Post by Avenger One » Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:10 pm

I like them. NO complaints here :D
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:22 pm

My assumption is that "Guest" is JM, and he just doesn't want us to know it's him. Why? Because he hasn't gotten us the MonCals yet.<P>Just an assumption. I'm sure a few others have thought so.
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

DropZone
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DropZone » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:35 pm

Well, considering the fact that the Temp Calamaris are hosted on the same server as DS's Dreadnaught, I don't think so. ;)<p>[ 12 January 2003: Message edited by: DropZone ]

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:17 pm

The problem with the Reefhome isn't the tex' themselves, its the way they've been applied. Took 15 minutes to fix in Optech.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Gryphon
Lieutenant JG

Post by Gryphon » Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:59 pm

What video card are you using Battle Dog? (just wondering)
<B>Crusade 3 Game Master</B><BR><A HREF="http://swcrusade.ionichost.com" TARGET=_blank>http://swcrusade.ionichost.com </A>

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BattleDog:<BR><STRONG>The problem with the Reefhome isn't the tex' themselves, its the way they've been applied. Took 15 minutes to fix in Optech.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Care to elaborate? :) <P>also, there are no "bridge" towers for some reason, but that can probably be fixed in 15 mins in Rhino :D
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:01 am

So, yeah, how did you fix the textures in optech? Would you be so kind as to show us all how or redistribute the fixed version? I'm sure we'd all be much obliged. :-)

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:10 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR> also, there are no "bridge" towers for some reason, but that can probably be fixed in 15 mins in Rhino <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>there are no "bridge towers" on the smaller mon cals in the movies, but that can be fixed in 15 minutes in ILM :p
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:05 pm

The problem is on the ship's flanks. Import the opt and turn on the textures.<P>Now zoom in. You'll notice that along the Reffhome's sides the windows are streched.<P>Now, select that mesh.<P>Switch back to wireframe.<P>Now, notice that the sides aren't made up of three long faces, they're made up of groups of three, so as to create the curve.<P>Now, switch to face mode.<P>Select the groups of faces and restich the texture.<P>It really looks quite spectatular.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:45 pm

Cheers for the info Battledog :)
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

TLord_Hunter
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by TLord_Hunter » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:07 am

"Just noticed that other ships have a tendency to ram into the cruiser when they're trying to get into the hangar."<P><BR>lmao
There is no escaping the Hunter...

Col. Fishguts
XWAU Member

Post by Col. Fishguts » Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:54 pm

just re-played the battle of endor...looking sweet<BR> Image <P>btw...I tried to replace one of the Calamaris in this mission with JM's Home One, but it wasn't listed in AlliEd. What have I to do, that I can choose the home One in AlliEd.<P>note: I've installed Home One in a free slot, I haven't overwritten a ship.
Enjoy life, there's plenty of time to be dead.

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:56 pm

Hey BattleDog,<P>For those of us who are completely inept at opting could you provide a more detailed explanation of how you fixed the textures in Optech? I got to the part where you're supposed to select the faces and then restitch the textures to them...and I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!<P>PS: or you can just post yours on a webpage or send it to my email: osmoot@aol.com :-)

RogueWing
Cadet 1st Class

Post by RogueWing » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:27 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Col. Fishguts:<BR><STRONG><P>btw...I tried to replace one of the Calamaris in this mission with JM's Home One, but it wasn't listed in AlliEd. What have I to do, that I can choose the home One in AlliEd.<P>note: I've installed Home One in a free slot, I haven't overwritten a ship.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>In Allied, on the FG page, where you choose the ships, pick the slot number for the number that you put the Home One in. <BR>It should say something like "*Dont use me" on the datapad, and on the list at the left, it will say something like "1 x [1] *** Unnamed" (whereas the *** is the slot number.)
I childproofed my house 2 years ago, but they still keep sneaking in.

Col. Fishguts
XWAU Member

Post by Col. Fishguts » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:34 pm

hmm...didn't work, because in the list, I only see the numbers of the free slots. The ones with a ship on it show only the ship acronym. And the free slots between occupied slots arent' shoxed at all. i've installed Home One in slot 121, and I can't see it in the list......confusing

RogueWing
Cadet 1st Class

Post by RogueWing » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:47 pm

If you can, move the opt to one of the slots that Allied does show. I think that 180-190 are listed.

Col. Fishguts
XWAU Member

Post by Col. Fishguts » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:02 pm

Well, that worked....although I now have two of them installed...but who cares ?<P>Hey RogueWing...looks like you helped me twice in about an hour....thanks :D

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:47 pm

ods, sorry no. It either makes sense or not. I could wright a tutorial on it but that'd meen taking sceenies etc.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

RogueWing
Cadet 1st Class

Post by RogueWing » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Col. Fishguts:<BR><STRONG>Well, that worked....although I now have two of them installed...but who cares ?<P>Hey RogueWing...looks like you helped me twice in about an hour....thanks :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No problem.<BR>I've been screwing around with Allied now for almost two years. So far, I've made around 60 custom missions with it, so by now, I've seen and done most everything with it.