Moons

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Moons

Alex The Rookie Barlow
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Alex The Rookie Barlow » Sat Jun 22, 2002 7:50 am

Hi, great work<BR>I downloaded your moon files but I cant figure how they install either in MXvTED or BHE? Any help? :(

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:11 pm

Who's moon files?<P>Regardless, there are plenty of tutorials around on how to install them. They are step-by-step instructions, so you should have no trouble understanding. That is why I and probably no one else will explain how to here.<P>For the Tutorials, go to <A HREF="http://www.darksaber.freeserve.co.uk/" TARGET=_blank>Darksaber's OPT Station</A>.
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Alex The Rookie Barlow
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Alex The Rookie Barlow » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:35 am

The moon files on Ace Antilles site.<BR>Thanxs for pointing me to the tutorials, only problem now is the moon is too small for my missions, I am no great opt maker so I have no clue about resizing, I destroyed the opts trying to follow Darksabers tutorials.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:49 pm

I've just looked over my site and there are <B>NO</B> moon files on it. Never has been.<BR>Can't even find any references to any recently.<BR>There are links to Abolishers main site and he has some files there?<P>Otherwise I don't know what it is you are taking about! :confused:
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Alex The Rookie Barlow
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Alex The Rookie Barlow » Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:02 pm

Yes thats the one, sorry I got the sites mixed up do you know how to resize them?

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:37 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>...now is the moon is too small for my missions, I am no great opt maker so I have no clue about resizing...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You can't make the moon surface OPTs much larger if at all without them disappearing in the game. In fact, many people have to make the OPTs <B>smaller</B> just to make them work at all! Try tiling the moon surfaces, i.e. place several of the surfaces so they overlap and make one very large surface. That's what I did for the small shipset I made.<P>That aside, resizing is easy. In OPTech, select all of the meshes in the OPT. Then enter the scaling factor % for the X, Y and Z coordinates. These are the bottom three boxes with purple backgrounds in the geometry editor window. To avoid skewing the model, always enter the same value for X, Y, and Z. For example, to double the model size, enter 200% for all three values.<P><B>Again, if you increase the size at all, it probably won't work in the game!</B>
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

Alex The Rookie Barlow
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Alex The Rookie Barlow » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:39 am

thanks i'll take your advice and tile them instead of resizing.