For Darksaber, or anyone else that can help....

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

For Darksaber, or anyone else that can help....

Archanjel
Recruit

Post by Archanjel » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:01 pm

Hello, I downloaded an OPT from DS's site, The Rapier Male. I put the files into the "Flightmodels" folder, but I can't select the ship in-game. The other ones I DLed off the site work. can anyone help?
Keep your eyes on the sky...

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:50 pm

If I've understood this right, you simply put the OPT files in the folder without installing them, right?<P>Well, this is only half the work. In cluded in the ZIP is a *.SHP file which you must use with the MXvTEd program, also available on DS' site.<P>When you've downloaded the program you'll be asked to select the XWINGALLIANCE.EXE file. Do so. Now open the *.SHP file. It'll ask you if you want to install the ship into a certain slot. for simplicity say yes, but be warned, any other(custom) ship in that particular slot will be overwritten.<P>Now just click on the 'write' button. You'll probably be asked some more questions which you can/must answer with yes. If everything goes well, the ship should be installed properly into X-Wing Alliance.<P>There's also a tutorial on DS' site explaining the installation process in detail.<p>[ 02 October 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

Ace Antilles

Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:24 pm

I'm going to move this to <B>my</B> forum. I've allowed Darksaber to post topics there if he wants to. It's not really XWAU related also. Darksaber or others can still help there.<BR>Sounds like GT covered most things though. Any more details of what you've done will be helpfull. :)
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Archanjel
Recruit

Post by Archanjel » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:43 am

yeh, on DS' site I can't download it. It says to go to Corellian Engineering, but that site isn't up.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:32 am

Yes you can download it and no it doesn't say anything about Corellian Engineering<P>It says Website: Unknown<P>So I don't know where you get your information from but your wrong on both counts!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Archanjel
Recruit

Post by Archanjel » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:55 pm

i can't find it on the site, where is it?

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:31 pm

Go to <A HREF="http://www.darksaber.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Darksaber's site</A><BR>Click on 'craft editors'on the navigation bar (Under File Archive)<P>MXvTEd is the top item. Under the description, author and author's website, is the word 'Download'. click that.<P>I would provide the direct link to the file but DS doesn't like that :)
End of line...