Information and facts

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Information and facts

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jan 29, 2002 1:46 am

Here is what I know so <B>read</B> carefully!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darksaber:<BR><B>Please don't try to contact me on ICQ or Email, all DS contacts and accounts will be deleted or closed.<BR>A Opt only Archive will be available soon, other utilities CAN be found elsewhere on the web. Just open your eye's<P>Darksaber signing off forever.............<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>DS has gone for good. He's not going to be back in a week, he's <B>gone!</B><BR>He was not driven out by any person he left because he wanted to. It was time.<BR>I believe there were many factors, real life, work and family. Mainly though XWA is an old game. Editing it and creating opts using overly complex buggy programs is not a lot of fun. It takes a lot of work to make Opts so when you no longer have fun why continue!<P>I don't know why the site went down early. Maybe it was an error or as I have said maybe the responses here gave him no incentive to keep it up any longer?<P>As he says he will work to make the Opts available another way.<BR><B>DON'T</B> ask me how/when/what as I don't know! If I do I will tell you.<P><B>DON'T</B> go and upload his opts to your own sites as they are still his files and that would be disrespecting his work.<BR>You just have to be patient.<P>All of the programs are available still on their original host sites.<BR>I hope to sort something with PalPatrick regarding DATech in the future.<P><B>DON'T</B> contact me and ask about his opts, files, site!<BR>I will not send anybody any copies of files I have either. At least not at the moment.<P><B>DON'T</B> ask me to get in contact with him! As it says all of his contact options are closed. I have no way of contacting him or if I will hear from him.<P><B>DON'T</B> go posting questions here for him or pleas for him to come back. He's gone, he won't answer them if he even sees them and this is now my forum.<P>Please make sure you understand! I did not have any advance knowledge of any of this. I know as much as I have said.<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in full throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.<p>[This message has been edited by Ace Antilles (edited 29 January 2002).]
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

LordSpawnAntilles
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by LordSpawnAntilles » Tue Jan 29, 2002 1:52 am

Thanks again for the update Ace Antilles... Image

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jan 30, 2002 8:17 pm

PLEASE can everyone stop panicking about getting the Opts sent to each other!<P>As it clearly says here Darksaber's opts will be made available in some way ASAP.<BR>So be patient and live with the TG ones for a while.<BR>Otherwise swap your opts in the LucasArts Forum and not here. Thank You.<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in full throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:32 am

I just can't keep up with events these days! Image<BR>Quote from the Pilot's Lounge.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darksaber:<BR><B>I didn't quit to get the attention for your information. I quit because of the assumtion by people that I had something to do with XWL closing<P>If you wish to see what my reply to there comments wher her it is: -<P><BR>I can see your all missing me already. Image<P>Dredd, those words are the nicest things you have said about me in a long time, and I'm NOT being sarcastic.<P>I've been thinking all day about my discion about closing my site, and basically, being bullied into submission from people I have never met, nor likely to do so, this not going to push me away, the site is coming back online, I'm not going to leave!<P>Why should I care about what you lot think about me, Darksaber is just a nickname in cyberspace, the name and what I write is just binary, little 1's and 0's, there is no one on here who actually knows the true me, which I would prefer, lets just leave it at that, take it or leave it, I'm not being pushed out of something I like doing.<P>I put my site together so people do not have to go all over the web to find things as they are all in one place, no other site in this community has done that, even here at XWL, you have the space, but don't take advantage of utilizing it, you mess about with silly scripts, to see how many people have download the stuff that they can get here, which is pointless. If it wasn't for my site, most if not all the editing tools would be lost, some of the old shipsets for XvT/Bop have already been lost, and there is nothing I can do about that, as I do not have the space to host them.<P>Why no one has done the same is beyond me, all you would have to do is email the person who made those utilities and ask them if they don't mind you hosting them.<P>We all know that some of us have never seen eye to eye from day one, Dredd you where the first. The reason, when I first started editing opts, I tried to help you figure out something, I think is was something to do with a ten gun Tie Interceptor or something (not sure). I made the changes and sent you my results; you ignored it, which frankly pissed me off.<P>So for revenge, (or for a better word) I started ridiculing your work, which got out of hand and started an unresolved flame war ever since.<P>Pathetic wasn't it really!<P>You used to churn out a new opt maybe two each week, which in my eyes where the best thing since slice bread, in the early days of XvT/BoP editing. Don’t think I’m trying to creep around you to get on your good side, I not!<P>But since that day, when you never replied or said you where not interested in my help on the certain thing or even a "thanks, but you could handle it", we have been at each others throats, mocking, taking the piss and basically acting very childish towards each other.<P>Saxman, in a way we are very much alike, ignorant and egotistical, yes you might be a little quieter than myself, but we are from the same mould. And I don't think I'm any sort of God for opting or never proclaimed that I’m, where you get that from is beyond me.<BR>I have to say that you do make a better model, but you never do anything with them, you have a definite talent, but you don't take advantage of it, you think all you can do is to model, which is wrong!<P>You have the talent and artistic skill to make the models, but why can't you finish them, I have seen some of you recent textures, which I told you at the time that they where really good, but the community never see them, all I'm doing is trying to get you to see your talent, I have told you before, if you wanted any help let me know, or ask Decoy for advice, but you have just ignored that help, thinking you can't do it. You can if you try!<P>Eliminator, ever since I hit out at the faults with your XvT A.S.S project and blamed it on a fictional brother for writing it, we have also never seen eye to eye either, which you have never forgotten right!<P>Sorry but that’s in the past it cannot change, I have apologised to you since that that happened, but obviously that was not sufficient.<P>Erai, basically I haven't a clue what I have done to you or why you dislike me so much, that's up to you, I honestly couldn't give a toss, it's your problem not mine! It's probably because your big mates with Dredd, and his hatred for me have rubbed off on you.<P>You blame me for the lack of interest at XWL and for getting quite a few of the forums that where not in use closed, but put it this way I didn't push the button to delete them, that choice was entirely up to Nob, and Nob alone, I just pointed out the fact that he could condense some of the forums into one, making it look like there was more interest than there actually was. Yes he did try to create forums for other games, but those games have there own following and game sites.<P>XWL is mainly known for the X-wing Games series, interest in other games was pointless as like I have said they have there own following and sites, and I doubt that people would move from established sites to another site, just because you have a forum for that game.<P>Anyhow, enough said you haven’t got rid of me yet, if you can't live with that, it’s tough! I’m not being driven out by a bunch of youths!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He's not getting his forum back without a fight! Image<P>------------------<BR><I>Darksaber's secretary!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.

Ace Knight 1
Commander

Post by Ace Knight 1 » Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:08 am

<Buba Sparks voice>Uhhhn yup where do you want the uhhhh weapons and umm amunition?</Buba Sparks Voice><P>heh heh j/k Image
Now We've rewritten history.<BR>The one thing that we found out.<BR>The sweet taste of vindication.<BR>Just turns to ashes in your mouth.<P>Where do we go from here?<BR>And should we really care?<BR>The end is finally here,<BR>God have mercy...

Face
Lieutenant JG

Post by Face » Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:57 pm

X-Wing against TIE Phantom?????<P>------------------<BR>Commander of T/A squadron Phantom
Commander of Phantom squadron<P>Pilot of Grandadmiral Thrawns 3.Fleet on ISD I Prodigium

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:31 pm

X-W against T/I<P>------------------<BR>We must stand together,<BR>Or we will fall!
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:25 pm

Ok for those slow people out there Darksaber's Site is now fully back online. Image<BR>Same place, same space station.<P><A HREF="http://www.darksaber.freeserve.co.uk/" TARGET=_blank>Darksaber's Opt Station</A><BR> Image <P>------------------<BR><I>Darksaber's secretary!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.<p>[This message has been edited by Ace Antilles (edited 03 February 2002).]