Going Retro

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Going Retro

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:14 am

I thought I was mostly out of the Star Wars action figure collecting game.
Got so many and sadly most are now boxed as other areas too over instead. I can never truly escape though ;)
Having fun again with XWA has rekindled some of my Star Wars love. So even though I was going to pass on these I gave in eventually. ;)

SW Retro - Chewbacca.png
SW Retro - Han Solo.jpg
SW Retro - Luke Skywalker.jpg
Image Image

I still have my original ones, or the ones I got later I suppose.
It's great seeing these "vintage" ones though looking so nice and box fresh ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Noice. I just got myself a 1:6 scale sideshow TIE pilot. The detail is astonishing, but I'm trying to decide if I want to chance painting my personal bucket details on. I also just got a TIE pilot bust, and am still looking for a Greek or Roman style bust of Palpatine. I wanna put it on like a pillar in my office and be WAY over the top about its decor.
Image Image Image Image Image

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:29 pm

ual002 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:11 pm
Noice. I just got myself a 1:6 scale sideshow TIE pilot. The detail is astonishing, but I'm trying to decide if I want to chance painting my personal bucket details on. I also just got a TIE pilot bust, and am still looking for a Greek or Roman style bust of Palpatine. I wanna put it on like a pillar in my office and be WAY over the top about its decor.
Gotta pic? I wouldn't personally paint on it unless you think you will never resell it. Would decrease it's value and appeal likely.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:59 am

Not a chance in hell. I buy this crap for me and me alone.
Image Image Image Image Image