Imperial IFF Chatter

A Forum dedicated to the Suggestion, Creation and Editing of XWA Dynamic Link Library Files

Moderator: JeremyaFr

Re: Imperial IFF Chatter

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Ok I kid you not Darksaber, I applied ALL the changes from your pack and the new voice for ISP1 from XVT is working, however all pilots are ISP1 and it seems like the wrong voice files for commands are given as responses on the other pilots, however the voice is still ISP1. I would surmise that pilot voice hook is not working as intended at this time.

I was testing this in a custom made campaign mission following the death star attack, just in case this has an effect on the hex edit.
Image Image Image Image Image

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:25 pm

My best guess is, we need other people to check it, but since they are few and far between these days it might be a while

Theoretically the pack should have worked, your player craft in the mission are set to IFF Imperial, but are the values on the Role tab Pilot Voice set to IP1, IP2, IP3, IP4, IP5 or IP6 don't be mistaken by ISP1, ISP2 and so this is wrong.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Absolutely yes sir.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Great job. Thanks
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:18 am

Did it work for you?

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:10 am

Hi ual002, not yet but I downloaded it. Haven't had much free time lately to do much. I will closer to holidays/January...
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Just gonna do a little nudge bump of this thread hoping someone else will give this a test so we can maybe determine if my issue is local to just me or not.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:37 pm

I'll give this a test soon.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:22 pm

I've tested it and I've noticed that the pilot voices sounded out of order. The .lst for ISP1 matches the one I made so there must be something wrong with the hook itself.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. This occurs even with my .lst file without the hook. Not sure what's going on.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:42 am

Sorry for the triple posting. It looks like the way wingmen and non-wingmen read the .lst file is different. I've set up the .lst for non-wingmen which is why it will play out of order with actual wingmen. I'll take a look at setting up the rest of the .lst file for wingmen.

In other news, I have found a way to randomly load the imperial pilot voices without setting it in a mission. I've been thinking about releasing it in a patch but I can also list the offsets if anyone wants to use dll hooks.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:49 am

I am down to test whatever you post and report back.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:31 am

Link to the patch below. Extract and move the WAVE folder to the XWA directory. Run the XWAEXEPatcher and apply the imp wingmen voice patch to your XWINGALLIANCE.exe. This also assumes that you have the 6 Imperial pilots voice from XvT installed (the ones that Darksaber posted are the same).

I have also included a document that outlines what each wingman voice file should be, but I've only ran through Rebel_Pilot1 so it may not entirely be correct.

Be aware that this patch will also conflict with Jeremy's wingman hook so you'll have to remove that as well.

Let me know how it goes.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoEpIrw6LOkUi5MLXlQ-t3fxsReYDg

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:49 pm

I'll give it a test ASAP.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 pm

This might be a daft query, but I'm still not 100% sure how to make this work by editing the mission, if someone could provide a altered mission as an example I'd be grateful :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 pm

If you're using Jeremy's hook, you can use Allied to change the pilot voice in the FG itself.

If you're using my patch, then editing a mission for a specific pilot voice won't work. I'll get around to fixing that.

Picture of pilot voice box:
https://imgur.com/a/Dp4KG

EDIT: Mission with pilot voices set

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoEpIrw6LOkUi5MMbALmfow92pQZAg

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks Justagai, If I had read through the thread again I would figured it out, but it's been a couple of months since I tried testing this, memories going lol

It's good to have a visual reference, thanks
- John Lydgate

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:40 pm

So what you're saying is that the imperial IFF now has pilot voices for your wingmen without having to hard set them? Having them randomize is sort of the point I think yeah?

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Yes they are randomized without having to set them.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:01 am

Ok, it seems to function as you said when I make a mission, but the wingman responses are out of order, again like you described. I'll let you handle that before you tackle the text question...

Which is, ideally, once everything is working properly, is it possible to say take some of the rebel pilots, remove the anti-imperial chatter, and use them as 7-12 considering there are only 6 imperial pilots with voiced dialogue for "This is 1" thru "This is 6".

Or even say scratch the empire voices from XVT (if you so choose) and just adjust the pre-existing rebels 1-12, to work for the imperial IFF (by removing the anti-imperial slang). Which is honestly what I would have been happy with to start.

That seems way easier for most people anyway since it would be harder for most to source the XVT voices officially.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:58 am

If Justagai's offsets grant support for Imperial slots 7-12, then you should be able to do this by copying Rspxwa[1-6].lst as ISP[7-12].lst and replacing the paths to sounds that dis the Imperials with "dont_use" (or the path to another appropriate sound). The wavs in question appear to be *094.wav and *101.wav. (I wonder though... do these wavs still play when you're a rebel fighting non-imperials?)

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:46 am

I believe the voice clips listed in the .lst files below the line "needs to be rechecked" are the ones causing the issue. If someone can remove them and then test them to see if it works, that would be cool.

If you want to use the Rebel pilots, one can copy the rebel pilot .lst files and rename them accordingly (IP1, IP2 and so on).

Otherwise I'll get around to this soon. I've been working on using DLL hooks for the patches but my C knowledge is lacking so It's been taking some time.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 am

For the XVT Imperial Voices added to XWA and Justagai's exe patch...

-"needs to be checked" test-

1. Commenting out the lines seems to make no difference.

2. Removing all the lines after and including the "needs to be checked" part did provide consistent responses to wait and go orders, alerts when wingmen take damage, however orders to attack are still returning strange responses.

3. Replacing the contents of IP1-6 (so far) with the contents of Rspxwa1-12, result in pointing the Imperial IFF pilots to rebel voices. Their responses and chatter seem appropriate for the situation.

EDIT: Further testing of point 2 will be required. I did not delete all the lines for all the pilots, apparently I missed one and it may have been the one randomly loaded.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:41 pm

On another note this opens the door to custom voiced wingmen. For both the rebels and empire. And then heck even the other IFFs could have hooks made with civilian/pirate chatter.

Voicing that stuff is more my speed. I might give it a shot. Anyone recommend a decent freeware recording/editing program?

Kiarand
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Kiarand » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:17 am

I would recommend Audacity. It's the best freeware recording program out there. It is easy to use and offers many options to alter your recording with effects (such as static noise, echoes, etc).

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:54 pm

I've got most of the lines of dialogue voiced, and will just need a volume adjust pass. I'll turn that over to the community in a separate post. The aim is that all of the dialogue is voiced, and is generic (doesn't suggests imps are baddies). This could potentially add to a larger pool of new voices if people also contributed.

I know most of it isn't used by random chatter, but at least you can use the other extra stuff in triggers if needed.