XWAUP presents: the Super Backdrops patch

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

Re: XWAUP presents: the Super Backdrops patch

NarakuITA
Cadet 4th Class

Post by NarakuITA » Fri May 01, 2015 12:53 pm

Hello everyone, I have a problem about this package.
I have the CD version V2.02
I installed the game, upgraded to version 2.02 and then installed the package XWAU Craft Pack v1.2 and then DTM's Super Backdrops.

When I start the installation Backdrops Super DTM I get the following message:

x.wing Alliance has Already Been modified to include DTM's super backdrops!
DTM's Super backdrops v.10 will now close.

I attach a picture to let you know, the better, what happens to the background:

http://i62.tinypic.com/30vev5x.jpg

As you can see, magnifying the image, only a small area in the background is detailed, the rest remained the default wallpaper.

I do not know if I'm wrong, some installation procedure. If it was that you can help me? Thanks a lot!

NarakuITA
Cadet 4th Class

Post by NarakuITA » Fri May 01, 2015 3:52 pm

I realized the error is due to the file XWA.TAB in Italian, if I remove this file, the problem does not show up! But of course the game is no longer in Italian. Solutions?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri May 01, 2015 5:40 pm

There is a solution if you upload your XWA.tab, I would need to remove some lines in the file.

To answer you previous question, you see this
DTM's Super backdrops v.10 will now close
it will give you this message as the XWAUCPv1.2 already installs DTM's Super backdrops.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

NarakuITA
Cadet 4th Class

Post by NarakuITA » Fri May 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Darksaber wrote:There is a solution if you upload your XWA.tab, I would need to remove some lines in the file.

To answer you previous question, you see this
DTM's Super backdrops v.10 will now close
it will give you this message as the XWAUCPv1.2 already installs DTM's Super backdrops.
Yes, this, after, I understood. As I said the problem is with a file of Italian. It seems to be incompatible, and by this error.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri May 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Upload your XWA.tab and I'll fix it for you, so it fix the backdrop issue and you'll be able to play your game mostly in Italian.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

NarakuITA
Cadet 4th Class

Post by NarakuITA » Fri May 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Darksaber wrote:Upload your XWA.tab and I'll fix it for you, so it fix the backdrop issue and you'll be able to play your game mostly in Italian.
Thanks a lot! I'm speechless! Here's the file.
Let me know if you have problems to download it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE8bK ... sp=sharing

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri May 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Downloaded ok I'll get it back to you as soon as possible
- John Lydgate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri May 01, 2015 9:17 pm

Ok Done, remember to backup your original XWA.TAB
XWA.TAB Italian Edited.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- John Lydgate

NarakuITA
Cadet 4th Class

Post by NarakuITA » Fri May 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Darksaber wrote:Ok Done, remember to backup your original XWA.TAB
XWA.TAB Italian Edited.zip
It works! Thank you so much! Finally, thanks to this project, I can fully enjoy this wonderful game!
I'm about to cry with emotion!

If you want, you can make it, the file available on the download page for users Italians.
So even those who have the same problem will solve it.

Rends
Recruit

Post by Rends » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi,
I made a second install of Xwing Alliane with the latest upgrade patch and converted it to X-Wing using Waylons X-Wing Alliance mod.
But the super backdrops seems not to work correctly.
On the deathstar surface missions i see only a part of Yavin and in other missions the Nebulas or planets missed some parts too.
Any way to fix this?

Rends

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:51 pm

There is no easy way to fix it. X-wing conversion needs to be updated. The new starfield backdrop must be inserted in every single mission.

Atruejedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Atruejedi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm using the XWA Dat Customizer to explore all these beautiful backdrops and I really want to use them in custom missions in AlliED... but how do I know which corresponds to which in AlliED? Through some experimentation, I've noticed this:

In AlliED, Backdrop Selection 12 is ID 6026 and Selection 7 is 6021. So, So the ID minus 6014 is the selection... for those two...

Selection 60 is 6114, so that pattern doesn't work...

Selection 81 isn't even in Planets.dat, it's in Galaxy.dat... and it points to 8008 - 800...

I'm stumped. It probably has something to do with bytes and bits and blah, but I'm not smart enough to know. Can anybody clue me in!? I'd kill for a directory.

Atruejedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Atruejedi » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:41 am

An update... I found a "planet legend" for AlliED on Darksaber's site, but it doesn't seem to match up to the actual pictures in the Planet.dat file. For example, in AlliED, planet 7 is blue. In the legend, the original planet 7 is also blue. However, the legend says the upgrade turns it a greenish color... and the actual corresponding planet in the Planet.dat file, 6021 - 0, is PINK!

It happens again for AlliED planet choice 9. Both the legend and AlliED show a blue planet almost totally covered with clouds. However, the legend says the upgraded version has a yellowish ring in the northern hemisphere, while the actual files in Planet.dat are of a simple light blue gas planet.

In fact, it happens for too many examples to cite...

The sad part is, the images of upgrades in the legend are sometimes better than what I find in my Planet.dat file!

I'm sooo confused... do I have a corrupt install? Can anybody corroborate my findings? Maybe the legend is outdated? I couldn't even find it in the original thread...

DTM

Post by DTM » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Atruejedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Atruejedi » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:51 pm

AHHHH! Thanks SO MUCH for posting this! Super helpful! I would like to point out, however, that there are still a FEW slight mismatches... in particular:

6025 (11)
6033 (19)
6070 (31)

11, for example, appears almost as a "mirror" image in my Planet.dat, as if the left half and the right half are the same image (but not exactly). Nonetheless, it's definitely noticeably different from the one in the preview image you posted.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a bug in the build. I love this project, and thank you SO MUCH FOR IT :)

TNT
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TNT » Fri May 20, 2016 1:07 am

Atruejedi wrote: I love this project, and thank you SO MUCH FOR IT :)
:-D

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:50 am

Is this a Final Version or did you Update your Background mod?

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello,
I have found how to add the starfield backdrops to skirmish missions.
I have identified the function that generates the mission. Then I have inserted a hook. The hook adds the starfield backdrops before the generated backdrops.

Here is the hook:
xwa_hook_backdrops.zip

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:01 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:Hello,
I have identified the function that generates the mission. Then I have inserted a hook. The hook adds the starfield backdrops before the generated backdrops.

Here is the hook:
xwa_hook_backdrops.zip

Works like a charm. If I need a background for a mission, I can just let skirmish generate one for me. Thank you, Jeremy!

This is probably not the right place to ask, but by chance, is there a way to increase the amount of possible messages in a mission? The current cap in Allied is 64, as apparently the messages become corrupted ingame once you go past 64. Given that you've managed to pretty much expand everything else in this game, do you think its possible to increase the number of messages?

DTM

Post by DTM » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:31 am

That's the fourth good news in few days! XWA is changing, becoming the game it should be. This comunity must build a monument in the name of Jeremy's talent!!!

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:32 pm

Jaeven wrote:This is probably not the right place to ask, but by chance, is there a way to increase the amount of possible messages in a mission? The current cap in Allied is 64, as apparently the messages become corrupted ingame once you go past 64. Given that you've managed to pretty much expand everything else in this game, do you think its possible to increase the number of messages?
Hello,
No, it's not possible.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:00 am

This is amazing....for the Skirmish missions, thanks.... JeremyaFr ;)

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:25 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:
Jaeven wrote:This is probably not the right place to ask, but by chance, is there a way to increase the amount of possible messages in a mission? The current cap in Allied is 64, as apparently the messages become corrupted ingame once you go past 64. Given that you've managed to pretty much expand everything else in this game, do you think its possible to increase the number of messages?
Hello,
No, it's not possible.
I see, what a pity :/

Knightsaber
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Knightsaber » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:12 am

Okay, this is an awesome looking patch, but forgive me, is a large portion of these planets really replaced by real-life planets and moons? Because I don't know how to feel about that. :?

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:Hello,

Here is the hook:
xwa_hook_backdrops.zip
Hello,
I fixed a bug in xwa_hook_backdrops. Only hook_backdrops.dll is modified.
Please redownload it.