Z-95 Headhunter ver 3.1 - update to ver 4.1

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

Re: Z-95 Headhunter ver 3.1 - update to ver 4.1

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:07 am

The Z-95 headhunter has been updated to upgrade the Dynamic Cockpit. The MFD has been enlarged and the image adjusted to avoid distortions. Many small changes that greatly improve the playability!
The new version is called 4.1, because as suggested by Darksaber, this is a significant modification of the OPT compared to version number 3.

You may download the 4.1 version at this link:
Z-95Headhunter_v4.1
and soon in the Download section

Have fun!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:29 am

No actually I said version v4.0 not v4.1

If it's a change to the Opt then you change the Major number, the Minor number then reverts back to 0 v4.0, v5.0

If it was just an Installer update the Minor number changes vX.1, vX.2 vX.3 and so on

the last version of the installer I made was v3.0 because you updated the opts, the version should the gone straight to v4.0 not matter if your using your own installer, you only use Minor numbers if the installer was updated

Major Number = Change to Opt or New Opt
Minor Number = Update to the installer or any edit you make to the other files dat, zt/202, ini

Sorry to be OCD lol
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Thanks for the updates, DTM. It's always good to see original XWA mission flyable craft still getting tweaks and updates even this many years in.

The new cockpit looks great

I don't want this to come across as ungrateful demanding, and I know that you're the artist and this comes down to your preference, but as the model's currently being talked about it seems like an opportune time to add that I'd absolutely love it if at some point you considered making yet another version of this to give us the 'classic' AF4, 4 intake, 4 engine version:

It's the original, and still my favourite look.

I'm also very partial to the X-Wing miniatures model, which captures the original look really well but also adds missile pods, which could be optional:

If that's all too much work for something you have no interest in, then fair enough. But I'd hope I'm not the only one who likes this original design.

Even without a new model, if more FG colours for more variety is still a possibility, then the FFG art for the Z-95 pilots comes with some very cool looks.

There's their take on Bandit Squadron (one of three references to XWA in the miniatures game)

Lt. Blount's (of Millennium Falcon gunner fame) Z-95:

N'dru Suhlak's, which is particularly cool:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sta ... 0512063713

And one that actually got stock printed as a model, a Black Sun Z-95 (which I think would be an amazing addition to XWA as a 'bad guy' Z-95):

Just some thoughts, you've already done an amazing job and I'm happy with what we've got. Just wanted to express my interest in a design I personally think is really cool.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:54 pm

Agreed on that. While I prefer the Z-95 AF4 normal variant (not the heavy variant will put pictures of, the normal variants don't have those "missile launchers" under the wings), it owuld be nice to see a return of the 4-engine AF4
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:07 pm
Great work DTM :)
Who would have thought 20 years ago the Z-95 is a ship people would want to fly again lol ;)
Totally agree, though the Z-95 has been in service for more than 25 years after all.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Rookie_One1 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:54 pm
Agreed on that. While I prefer the Z-95 AF4 normal variant (not the heavy variant will put pictures of, the normal variants don't have those "missile launchers" under the wings), it owuld be nice to see a return of the 4-engine AF4
I think Jedi Academy cutscenes are where the old 4-engine Z-95 really shines. So yeah, a return won't hurt.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

DTM

Post by DTM » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Will T wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:10 pm
I don't want this to come across as ungrateful demanding, and I know that you're the artist and this comes down to your preference, but as the model's currently being talked about it seems like an opportune time to add that I'd absolutely love it if at some point you considered making yet another version of this to give us the 'classic' AF4, 4 intake, 4 engine version:

It's the original, and still my favourite look.
I'm sure I will do a variant with 4 engines. It's on my to-do list. Unfortunattly I'm not able to tell you when … but it's not a difficoult work and maybe I will do it soon, probably when I will update my other Z-95s
But it won't be exactly like in the drawing, because I don't like it ... it's too weak. Mine will have muscles! ;)

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:52 pm

Don't end your phrases like that, you are asking to be punned right there

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:51 am

Rookie_One1 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:52 pm
Don't end your phrases like that, you are asking to be punned right there
DTM's not usually one to flex, but when he does it's obvious.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:56 am

DTM

Post by DTM » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:50 am

Okay, sorry, I don't know what I said. :D In my land, a car with muscles is a vehicle that expresses power by design, even before the engine. This was what I meant.

Mako
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:14 am

I believe that statement is true in all countries.
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:43 am

Great work!

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:02 am

goddamn it, THE PUNS!

BAN! BAN FOR EVERYONE!

BenKenobi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by BenKenobi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:36 am

DTM wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:07 am
The Z-95 headhunter has been updated to upgrade the Dynamic Cockpit. The MFD has been enlarged and the image adjusted to avoid distortions. Many small changes that greatly improve the playability!
The new version is called 4.1, because as suggested by Darksaber, this is a significant modification of the OPT compared to version number 3.

You may download the 4.1 version at this link:
Z-95Headhunter_v4.1
and soon in the Download section

Have fun!
Great work, have to say these many small changes definitely improved playability, not greatly, but massively! Thanks!

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:09 pm

Just to say thanks to all of you for the great work.