Re: Small Teaser and Update

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 am

Forceflow wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:00 am
Kriegmacher wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:05 pm
Will this update include all the separate cockpit/reticle/effects/backdrops in one single installer?

And is there any chance there will be more toggles for performance optimization? I love all these new additions, but when combined together the FPS is so low I can barely even play the game.
The new installer will be an all-in-one installer including everything up until the time we release it. Unfortunately performance optimization will still have to be done manually. There are just too many options and different setups to include that in the installer. There are some options, but they are not mainly focused on adjusting for performance.

Be sure to check this thread to see the best way to tune the effects:
Tips to Increase the Performance of the New Shaders
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately none of those changes helped FPS. In fact the only thing that has helped at all has been to uninstall XWUA altogether, which is a real shame, because XWUA is the only reason I even play XWA. It just seems like all the recent cumulative updates have proven to be too much for reasonably powerful systems, and it almost feels like I'm nearing a point where an upgrade is required to continue to play XWUA, which let's face it, if I could afford to upgrade I'd be playing Squadrons right now.

It all LOOKS beautiful, but beauty won't win a dogfight.

iteachvader
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by iteachvader » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:07 am

SPYDER, YOU GLORIOUS SON OF A BANTHA. That Y-wing is gorgeous, I've been wating for a more film-accurate facelift for it!
The ability to create 3D models is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:05 pm
That one is an unknown at this point and will not be in 2020 for sure. We do add the Tie Advanced X1 (Vaders version) which I don't think was actually available in the original game.
Oh Yes, can you add him in the vergesso Mission XD

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:55 pm

Ok friends. We are ready for tomorrow's release ... oops, wait ... this is not the private forum of the XWAU team ... sorry, I wrote in the wrong topic ... ;)

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:23 pm

oohhh.....you...ARGH!
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Caelus
Recruit

Post by Caelus » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:05 am

Awesome!!! Excellent work!

Welcome Spyder! :-D