New TIE Fighters

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

New TIE Fighters

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:28 pm

With Update 2 we have the release of brand new TIE Fighter versions created by DTM. :)

TIE Fighter: Totally new version of the TIE Fighter created by DTM.
It comes with a new Dynamic Cockpit, HD textures and a fully detailed Exterior with modelled pilot.
As well as Damaged, First Order and Mining Guild optional skins pack and a Wrecked TIE profile!
Please see the readme file for the full details here: Readme\XWAU Crafts\TIE Fighter Readme.docx

Tie1.jpg

Skins: This release comes with new Skins that can be applied to a Mission INI for custom missions.

Damaged – This allows you to overlay damage textures to your ship.
First Order - Colors of the First Order TIE fighters
Mining Guild – This has the colors and symbols of the TIEs belonging to the Mining Guild.
Void – These are template skins have been made added so creators can modify to create new skins

Mine.jpg
FirstOrder.jpg
Profiles: These new profiles can be used in missions. They alter the look by hiding meshes:

Default = Standard not modified.
FirstOrder = TIE Fighter of the First Order, has increased speed and toughness and added shields and Hyperdrive.
MiningGuild = Mining Guild's bright coloured TIE Fighter, as seen on the Star Wars Rebels TV show.
Missile = Added 2 external Missile Launchers
Wreck 1,2,3 = Various missing parts. Idea for creating battlefield debris.
Wreck1 = Missing a wing panel.
Wreck2 = Cockpit only. No wing panels.
Wreck3 = Only 1 wing panel, no cockpit.

Outland TIE Fighter: New variation of the TIE Fighter as seen in The Mandalorian, created by DTM.
This TIE looks the same on the outside but has folding S-foil wings and opening landing gear.
It can be selected to replace the standard TIE Fighter by using the options in Babu Frik’s Configurator.
Please see the readme file for the full details here: Readme\XWAU Crafts\TIE Fighter Outland Readme.docx

Outland1.png

TIE Interceptor: Totally new version of the TIE Interceptor created by DTM.
It comes with a new Dynamic Cockpit, HD textures and a fully detailed Exterior with modelled pilot.
As well as Damaged and Royal Guard optional skins pack and a Wrecked TIE profile!
Please see the readme file for the full details here: Readme\XWAU Crafts\TIE Interceptor Readme.docx

Int1.jpg

Skins: This release comes with new Skins that can be applied to a Mission INI for custom missions.

Damaged – This allows you to overlay damage textures to your ship.
Royal Guard – This is the red TIE Interceptor used by Royal Guards with extra hull modifications.
Void – These are template skins have been made added so creators can modify to create new skins

Royal.jpg

Profiles: These new profiles can be used in missions. They alter the look by hiding meshes:

Default = Standard not modified.
Missile = Added 2 external Missile Launchers
RoyalGuard = Red version with extra wing additions.
Wreck 1,2,3 = Various missing parts. Idea for creating battlefield debris.
Wreck1 = Missing a wing panel.
Wreck2 = Cockpit only. No wing panels.
Wreck3 = Only 1 wing panel, no cockpit.

There are also Stats Profiles to go with the new Skins and Profiles for these TIEs.
To use them all please see the Readme files and the Skins and Profile Guide.pdf in the Editing folder.

Also included with these TIEs are the new cockpit damage, Laser and Missile lock on animations!

BrokenTIE.jpg
BrokenTIE2.jpg

We hope you have plenty of fun being the bad guys with these new ships :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:38 pm

Great job! Much better than previous TIE versions.
Last edited by Bman on Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

RogueLeader2357
Rebel Alliance

Post by RogueLeader2357 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:40 pm

These all look amazing! I need to ask, how exactly do you download these for X-Wing Alliance?
"Rogue Leader, standing by."

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:59 pm

Simple really,
1) Download and Install the XWAU MegaPatch from the Downloads Section
2) Download and install the XWAU MegaPatch Update 2 from the Downloads Section
3) Enjoy

If you wnat to use any of the special variations ingame, see the Guides section
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

aceazzameen87
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by aceazzameen87 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 pm

I'm really impressed with this update, in particular the new cockpit damage changes! Any chance these fantastic new ship textures can be broken out into separate ships for Skirmish? I would love to build skirmishes that include the mining guild TIE or Royal Guard Interceptor.

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:24 pm

aceazzameen87 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 pm
I'm really impressed with this update, in particular the new cockpit damage changes! Any chance these fantastic new ship textures can be broken out into separate ships for Skirmish? I would love to build skirmishes that include the mining guild TIE or Royal Guard Interceptor.
Good job XWAU folks. Really impressive. I can't thank you enough for all your work with the game...except creating a worth storyline to bring those models into scene hehe

Anyways, acezzameen87 maybe editing the temp.tie or rather adding a temp.tie ini file to make a difference in FGs? eitherway , yours is a good question. This goes on the right path to overcome the craft limit on XWA I believe.
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI

Porkins_BB
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Porkins_BB » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:46 pm

Looks awesome! Really makes we want to play the new TFTC!

WolfTatarus
Recruit

Post by WolfTatarus » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:08 pm

Amazing!

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:37 pm

aceazzameen87 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 pm
My recommendation would be to look into Justagai's multiplayer hook, this adds a "combat mission" functionality to the game that basically lets you create one off missions using AlliED that you can load in the skirmish chamber to utilize the campaign mission features on a one off mission basis without having to go through a linear sequence to play whatever preceding missions. I use this myself for testing purposes since I don't have to mess with the campaign.

Michal
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Michal » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:13 pm

Nice job on new TIEs!

Now I can dream that new version of TIE Advanced will be more like this one :
My current project X-Wing Game Series Twitter
My old project X-Wing Series Site, still online

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 pm

Michal wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:13 pm
Nice job on new TIEs! Now I can dream that new version of TIE Advanced will be more like this one :
That ship is always a hot topic of discussion in groups as to which look is right, which name etc lol

Check out the great comparison videos that @Forceflow made.

Also there are many high quality screenshots for the new TIEs in the Showcase section.

bunik
Recruit

Post by bunik » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:09 pm

Beautiful Tie models and especially cockpits! Waiting for the other Ties in such an quality! Thanks for the new era of XWA!

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:28 am

Ace Antilles wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 pm

One thing, this animation seems to be using the First Order TIE Wings connectors. Same with the pictures at the top of the showcase page.

Not the standard TIE ones as seen in the screenshots below it.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:41 pm

only me note that you skipped the tradition, for TIE, to show a different angle for the cockpit from inside to outside? it is a tradition backing to the original Star Wars film... ever respected since then... O.o

DTM

Post by DTM » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:21 pm

In XWA the window of the TIE Fighter is the same, both from the inside and from the outside. We considered rotating it, as it is in SW Squadrons, but in the end we decided to keep the TF as it has always been in original XWA.

Talaris
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Talaris » Sat May 01, 2021 10:55 am

Am I right in thinking that’s also why the cockpit frame is a light grey colour instead of the movie dark grey? I assumed that was also because of the original XWA model look.

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Sat May 01, 2021 11:26 am

I‘ certain something like that could be added through skins ....

Gppd thing DTM added a template skin for others to go wild on 😄

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:32 pm

Update 4 sees another revamped TIE from @DTM! The TIE Bomber v6.0

bomb1.jpg
bomb2.jpg

As well as different Profiles and Skins for the optional TIE Shuttle and First Order versions!
TIE Bomber Profile.jpg

The TIE Shuttle has an opening door to allow passengers entry. This works with the landing gear function.
ShuttleOpen.jpg

The TIE Bomber Advanced is a custom ship. It is inspired by EC Henry's study of a First Order bomber, conducted before Lucasfilm showed the official one. It was the basis for imagining what the prototype bomber developed during the TIE Advanced program would look like.
The First Order profile can be used for the normal TIE Bomber look too.

adv1.jpg

Please see the readme file for the full details here: Readme\XWAU Crafts\TIE Bomber Readme.docx

See more pictures in the Showcase section.
https://www.xwaupgrade.com/index.php?ac ... shots&id=8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:20 pm

A comparison of New vs Old. Shows the level of detail @DTM put in to try and make it accurate :)

Bombercomp.jpg

tt33
Galactic Empire

Post by tt33 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:29 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:28 pm
FirstOrder = TIE Fighter of the First Order, has increased speed and toughness and added shields and Hyperdrive.
MiningGuild = Mining Guild's bright coloured TIE Fighter, as seen on the Star Wars Rebels TV show.
Outland TIE Fighter: New variation of the TIE Fighter as seen in The Mandalorian, created by DTM.
TIE Bomber Advanced = Custom ship inspired by EC Henry's study of a First Order bomber, conducted before Lucasfilm showed the official one.
Forgive the noob question but if you are doing custom craft, could you also remake the TIE Interdictor?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:22 pm

tt33 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:29 pm
Ace Antilles wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:28 pm
TIE Bomber Advanced = Custom ship inspired by EC Henry's study of a First Order bomber, conducted before Lucasfilm showed the official one.
Forgive the noob question but if you are doing custom craft, could you also remake the TIE Interdictor?
You would have to ask @DTM about that. I'm pretty sure its a no to that ship though.

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:43 pm

Vince T wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:59 pm
Simple really,
1) Download and Install the XWAU MegaPatch from the Downloads Section
2) Download and install the XWAU MegaPatch Update 2 from the Downloads Section
3) Enjoy

If you wnat to use any of the special variations ingame, see the Guides section
I'm sure it's simple if you know what Guides you're referring to. Is this the deal where you have to go into a 3rd party program and replace the opt files, change values in the skirmish lists, replace the hull icon files, and replace the skirmish photo files? Because that has always been the opposite of simple.

I would have thought the new configurator would allow us to choose these variants, but apparently not. I suppose what I'm asking here is, what Guides section?

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:26 am

I was referring to the basic installation and customization process. Adding new ships is still of a hassle.

If you want to use certain variations of the XWAU ships in custom missions, a number of tutorials have been made available with the Mega Patch. You will find them in your game Directory under ..\X-Wing Alliance\Readme

XWA was never meant to be modded. Unless a creator releases his models as an executable installer you won't get around the 3rd party programs, MXvTEd or BinHexEdit at the least. See This article in our wiki.

There are plans by individual modders to release themed ship packs to make things easier but, as with everything ppl do in their free time, time is a factor here.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:30 pm

Update 5 brings us a totally new version of the TIE Defender created by DTM.
It's available to fly now!
TIE Defender.jpg
TieDefender_01.jpg

New cannon and warning lights. It also uses a new custom coloured HUD and Reticle. This can be changed in the ships INI file.
Please see the readme file for the full details here: Readme\XWAU Crafts\TIE Defender Readme.docx

Also there are many high quality rendered screenshots for the new TIEs in the Showcase section. Here's just a couple:
https://www.xwaupgrade.com/index.php?ac ... shots&id=9

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:32 pm

Also released is a brand new version of the TIE Avenger (Advanced) created by @DTM
It's available to fly now!

TIE Avenger Mark 1.jpg

New cannon and warning lights. It also uses a new custom coloured HUD and Reticle. This can be changed in the ships INI file.
There are 2 profile choices. Mark 1 has a rounded cockpit and Mark 2 a more angular cockpit look.
Please see the readme file for the full details here: Readme\XWAU Crafts\TIE Avenger Readme.docx
TIE Avenger Mark 2.jpg
TA_Mk2_01.jpg
TieAvenger_Mk1-Mk2.jpg

Also there are many high quality rendered screenshots for the new TIEs in the Showcase section. Here's just a couple:
https://www.xwaupgrade.com/index.php?ac ... shots&id=7