[B1M3] Battle 1 - Mission 3: Convoy Attack

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B1M3] Battle 1 - Mission 3: Convoy Attack

anduls
Recruit

Post by anduls » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:22 pm

Convoy Reconnaissance
played it in Vanilla and did it in one try. In Upgrade this Mission is impossible:
The Dreadnougth "Vigilance", the first target to inspect is in upgrade depicted as a Xwing. The mission file is exactly as vanilla, but in vanilla it's fine. The Vigilance releases the the last wave of drones, after the other two are destroyed. In vanilla the Vigilance stays in the Region, in Upgrade the Xwing hyperspaces out, inclusive drones and there is no way to to destroy them. The xwing hyperspaces after just a couple of minutes, no way to be in time. In the mission designer it should hyper out after 13 minutes at waypoint 2.
I attached a modified mission. The last wave of drones starts from the Star Destroyer. Furthermore, the drones are now just a bonus, not required to finish the mission. Inspection is enough. The reason is, the briefings says the drones are secondary. I think is fine this way, even if this collides with the context and debriefing.
I would like to know, if anybody solved this mission.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Forceflow on Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed title

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:17 pm

We haven't released all our balanced missions yet and I don't recall this ever being changed before?
So whatever has changed in the mission I don't believe it is to do with the XWAU
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

anduls
Recruit

Post by anduls » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:33 am

No, as far as I can see, the mission is exactly the same as in vanilla. However, there is this "Vigilance" bug, which does not occur in vanilla.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:04 am

Mhm... That is strange. I am sure I played that mission with the 1.6 XWAU with no problem.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Wed May 24, 2023 7:52 pm

I've found a few minor errors in this mission, which doesn't affect the gameplay.

I made a fixed version:
1B1M3G.TIE

Changes:
- T/I Delta Global Unit changed from 4 to 5. This way their numbering start at 1 instead of 13
- Removed the destruction goal texts for M/CRV Kraken and CRV Malice, as they had the text "Destroy Imperial Probe Droids"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:50 pm

LPhoenix wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:52 pm
I've found a few minor errors in this mission, which doesn't affect the gameplay.

I made a fixed version:1B1M3G.TIE

Changes:
- T/I Delta Global Unit changed from 4 to 5. This way their numbering start at 1 instead of 13
- Removed the destruction goal texts for M/CRV Kraken and CRV Malice, as they had the text "Destroy Imperial Probe Droids"
Thanks very much for your help!
I've added the mission to our future update.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost