[B4M5]Battle 4 - Mission 5: Abandon Rebel Base at Kothlis

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B4M5]Battle 4 - Mission 5: Abandon Rebel Base at Kothlis

aceazzameen87
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by aceazzameen87 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:25 am

Woof. It's a bad day to be a Rebel of any kind in the Kothlis system in this mission. It's been quite a while since I've ever played this mission vanilla, but between the New ISD and the Super Star Destroyer, any space station vanishes in only a couple of minutes. While the Golan's utter demolishing in a space of less than two minutes is attention grabbing enough to be cool, The Rebel base vanishing fast enough that Feyla and the Razor are still sitting on the pad when it explodes makes this mission incredibly hard to beat. Between the Gunships, TIES, and the starships, It will take luck, the force, or some very lucky shots to beat this one.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:39 am

there is a post already open for this mission, it's on the second page.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:42 pm

aceazzameen87 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:25 am
Snip
I'll send you a PM reference the crashing you were having and more test for it shortly
Blazingfirestorm wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:39 am
there is a post already open for this mission, it's on the second page.
Actually if you look closer that topic is locked. I decided to lock it before you replied as it was made before the "2020" release and could be confusing.
Here are some of the things that were changed and in the current mission which was released in the Mega Patch.
Jaeven wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:39 pm
- Slightly altered the ATR's waypoints to prevent collision with the new Rebel Platform Opt.
- Adjusted the position of the GR75 Medium Transports so their explosions no longer cause the Rebel Platform to be destroyed.
- Slightly altered the ISD's entry point so it takes a bit longer for it to close to maximum damage range and feel less oppressive in the last part of the mission. It shouldn't alter how the mission is played, and the mission will still force the player to run some interference on it, but the ISD should no longer instagib the Liberty. On all my tests, the Liberty generally escaped with around 60 % HU left.
- Adjusted the Executor's targeting parameters so it doesn't target the Razor, as was the case in vanilla. I don't know what caused this change, but the new parameters should ensure it does not target the Razor.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Actually if you look closer that topic is locked. I decided to lock it before you replied as it was made before the "2020" release and could be confusing.
Here are some of the things that were changed and in the current mission which was released in the Mega Patch
sorry my bad

aceazzameen87
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by aceazzameen87 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:39 am

After reading the Patches, I've still seen the ATR bounce off or even get destroyed by collisions-- possibly because of evasive wobble when avoiding fire with the Rebel Platform opt. I've been doing a fair amount of testing, and I'd say that about 80% of the time, the Rebel platform is blown up with the Razor still on the pad. I know the new ISD was upgunned a little in the most recent version?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:39 am

The mission could probably do with a lot more reworking. It' could be a difference to the rebel platform orientation to the original maybe making it easier to hit.
The latest ISD was changed to be closer or the same guns as the original. I can't remember off hand.
Bombers attack the station and ATR more than the ISD I think.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:46 am

Could try rotating the platform and associated ships 90 degrees to see if narrowing the profile works, but honestly either the TG or SWG version are pretty slim, just oriented differently from eachother.

As I recall most of the issues have been caused by the larger SSD being closer initially to being centered differently, solution is/was to move it back farther. The ATR has had pathing issues and I remember the station blowing up with the TG variant from time to time also, and the MTRN as I recall either has a tendency to explode, or run into the station. Perhaps it was the CRV, I do not recall though.

If the ATR is crashing into things and the waypoints have been updated to avoid the station then I think it's just bad AI pathing at that point and there isn't a whole lot we can do.

I am speculating because I'm not 100% but I was under the impression most if not all of the issues were rectified by Jaeven before the 2020 release, and he's pretty thorough. :?