[B2M4] Raid Production Facility

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B2M4] Raid Production Facility

GABICV
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by GABICV » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:23 pm

Hi all,

I think Battle 2 Mission 4 "Raid Production Facility" needs to be tweaked to avoid scoring a success while you actually die during the mission.

The mission is considered a success as soon as the commandos leave the facility. Therefore, as happened to me, you can get blown out by the TIE Defenders that arrive shortly after and still move on to the next mission, which doesn't really makes sense.

What are your thoughts?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:25 am

Well if the mission is complete and you die then you get picked up by a Shuttle and taken home.
So the mission would still be a success anyway, just you lose a fighter. I suppose both options are right.
@Blazingfirestorm have you taken a look at this mission?
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:13 am

I haven’t yet, I’ll put it on my to do list but looking at GABICV’s issue I agree it’s part of game that once the objectives are complete even the player dies it’s still a win short of changing the level there is not much that can be done

I've look at the level in the editor it seems the T/D's show up when the ATR Strom unit has finished boarding with a delay of 1 minute 30 secs they don't target the ATR so if the player leaves when the mission is complete the ATR won't get blown up, taking on the T/D's isn't necessary for a mission complete

GABICV
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by GABICV » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:10 pm

I agree that even if you die it's still a success overall for the Alliance. But for yourself Ace Azzameen it should be the end of the story.

I guess a condition to hyper back to the Liberty before declaring the mission a success could fix this. It seems to be the case in most other missions.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:59 pm

yeah I mean you could have a primary objective of 100% of X-W Red (1) must leave region 2 or a prevent conditions of 100% of X-W Red (1) must survive

but to your point on how it should be over for Ace Azzameen, not necessary because when the shuttle comes back to the hanger it's suggesting that it rescue you when you're craft was destroyed

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:01 pm

I played B2M4 I think the level fine I found no issues, once the level is complete you have plenty of time to leave the region and seeing as the T/D don't go after the rebel ATR Strom unit it won't get destroy once the level is complete

GABICV
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by GABICV » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:25 am

Blazingfirestorm wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:59 pm
but to your point on how it should be over for Ace Azzameen, not necessary because when the shuttle comes back to the hanger it's suggesting that it rescue you when you're craft was destroyed
Yes you have a point. It's not the first thing I would think of, but it's not illogical either.

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:30 pm

I made a few minor fixes for this mission

1B2M4G.TIE

Changes:
- Removed the non-functional secondary goal, which actually prevented the Outstanding Mission Complete message to play
- Removed the 100% of "Flight Group BONUS must NOT be destroyed (0 points)" for GPLT GP08, GPLT GP09, G/P GP22 and G/P GP23, as they were completely useless
- Changed the Arrival and Departure Mothership of T/E1 Alpha 3 and T/E1 Alpha 5 from CN/Hgr Hangar 02 to CN/Hgr Hangar 01, as their arrival condition was already using CN/Hgr Hangar 01
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.