[B5M1] Protect Alliance-Smuggler Meeting

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B5M1] Protect Alliance-Smuggler Meeting

aceazzameen87
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by aceazzameen87 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:50 pm

Has anyone else had some odd experiences with this mission? For one, your allied AI pilot seems to have a case of the derps. When throttled down down next to the rebel transport, he seems to slide to the left, as if on RCS thrusters. Giving him any orders other than "Attack that target" seems to bug him out, and lock him in position, robbing you of another ally in a mission that seems under equipped with only two rebel Z-95s, and some allied Cloakshapes making it impossible to engage the pirate group and the imperial squadron of gunboats yourself.

Also of note--the mission appears to start launching you from the Liberty's wing?!? It looks and feels like a catapult launch off the deck of a carrier--which, cool, but then you also fly RIGHT by the liberty's open hangar bay. Thought I'd point these out in case someone wanted to take a look. This is running on the newest version of XWAUP, no other modifications or ships.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:13 pm

aceazzameen87 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:50 pm
Also of note--the mission appears to start launching you from the Liberty's wing?!? It looks and feels like a catapult launch off the deck of a carrier--which, cool, but then you also fly RIGHT by the liberty's open hangar bay. Thought I'd point these out in case someone wanted to take a look. This is running on the newest version of XWAUP, no other modifications or ships.
That's the starting point since the original XWA vanilla release. It does seem a little silly so I might look into moving that
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

aceazzameen87
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by aceazzameen87 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:28 pm

That's the starting point since the original XWA vanilla release. It does seem a little silly so I might look into moving that
It is? That's amazing. To quote Joker in Mass Effect 3, "Some programmer phoned that one in." Might be worth looking into the AI behavior of the z-95 wingman. Poor guy needs a flight evaluation.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:45 pm

I moved the Liberty. The wingman AI is already set to Jedi.
But yes if you tell him to do stuff then he makes a mess of everything. Best to leave him alone

aceazzameen87
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by aceazzameen87 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:59 am

I'm guessing the updated mission will be part of the next XWAUP update?

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:56 pm

In this mission I've found that the bonus goal of destroying the M-CRV is actually impossible to achieve while defending MUTR and LT3000, so I changed the goal to inspecting the M-CRV instead and lowered the points the player gets.
I also did a few fixes and reenabled a few voice lines

1B5M1G.TIE

Changes:
- Unticked the "Prevent GU Numbering" for the player's flight group
- Added A-W Blue to Global Unit 7, so now they have proper numbering
- Changed the bonus goal of "100% of Flight Group BONUS must be destroyed (500 points)" to "100% of Flight Group BONUS must be inspected (250 points)"
- Reenabled messages #13, #14 and #15 (YOGEME)
- Changed message #19 from "It is very likely the Imperials will investigate this attack." to "It is very likely the Imperials will investigate this meeting." to make it match with the audio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:17 pm

LPhoenix wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:56 pm
In this mission I've found that the bonus goal of destroying the M-CRV is actually impossible to achieve while defending MUTR and LT3000, so I changed the goal to inspecting the M-CRV instead and lowered the points the player gets.
I also did a few fixes and reenabled a few voice lines

1B5M1G.TIE

Changes:
- Unticked the "Prevent GU Numbering" for the player's flight group
- Added A-W Blue to Global Unit 7, so now they have proper numbering
- Changed the bonus goal of "100% of Flight Group BONUS must be destroyed (500 points)" to "100% of Flight Group BONUS must be inspected (250 points)"
- Reenabled messages #13, #14 and #15 (YOGEME)
- Changed message #19 from "It is very likely the Imperials will investigate this attack." to "It is very likely the Imperials will investigate this meeting." to make it match with the audio
Do all the new voice messages play at the times they are meant to and make sense?
Thanks for your assistance

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:27 pm

Yes they do. The only thing little strange, is maybe the punctuation of #15, but the others fit perfectly