[B5M4] Abandon Rebel Base at Kothlis

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B5M4] Abandon Rebel Base at Kothlis

Muahaha
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Muahaha » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:35 pm

I noticed that the flight group of xwing will always fly too near to the Golan platform when it explodes which results in a lost of a xwing fighter (normally blue -4 ).
Doesn't matter whether I am flying in formation or not, the group will always fly towards the platform, only way to prevent it is to order the flight to wait for orders by staying away from the blast.

Is it intended or can the flight path be adjusted to prevent the kamikaze behavior?
No changes for patch 3 to 4. Not a bug, as mission can be completed.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:45 pm

looking at the mission in the editor x-wing blue doesn't have a way point that takes it near the golan plt I think what happening is when the tie's arrive the x-wings target that cart and go straight towards it which intern makes them go towards to golan plt there isn't much that can be done.

the only thing I can think of it change the position of the liberty and the X-wings way point to match the new position of the liberty
Last edited by Blazingfirestorm on Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:10 pm

You can also move the podition of the station above or under the plane of flight to avoid such behaviour. Try a shift on z-axis of about 2.0 km for the Golan

Muahaha
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Muahaha » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:46 am

Moving the Z axis for the platform would probably do it. Will try out and revert if adjustment can be made.

Muahaha
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Muahaha » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:12 pm

Just to report back, toying the z axis of the golan platform via mission editor does resolved the kamikaze incident.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:57 pm

This mission is an annoying one. I messed about with position of ships before but lost my edit.
Might go back to it in the future
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Vurculac
Recruit

Post by Vurculac » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:20 am

I also have issues with this mission. Always happens before the Calamari cruiser can hyper out, but I always get a "You've destroyed a friendly craft" alert, then mission fails.