Campain 1 mission 2 Rescue anton

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Campain 1 mission 2 Rescue anton

Thalidariuss
Recruit

Post by Thalidariuss » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:37 pm

So when I dock with the station my ship docks on the top of the com antennas. problem is I cannot target the incoming wave of ships that launch after you doc (line of site due to being so high on the station. Do I need to swap to the old model somehow to finish this mission? also after I die the game crashes there?

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Moved by Moderator to to correct forum

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:13 pm

I noticed that too. IIRC, it's because the XWAUP version of the platform lacks an appropriate hardpoint (dock from small) and for lack of one, the game has you dock at the uppermost point of the station, which is the top of the communication mast. (If you imagine the mast having an attached ladder like a telephone pole, the resulting mental image is very "Space Balls" :D )

Anyway, I experimented with adding the required hardpoint on the roof of the central module, which, I think, was where it was in the original mission. That worked, but that approach to the mission was still very difficult. I found it much easier to wait until after defeating all the fighters to do the docking.

Thalidariuss
Recruit

Post by Thalidariuss » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:42 pm

I know last time I ran it all the fighters had been destroyed. I got the impression that the last squad is launched a minute or so after you dock. I guess I can fly around a while after I clean up all the station fighter waves and see if that last squad is triggered by the docking.