BOP ship files and opts to work on XWA

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

BOP ship files and opts to work on XWA

MoldyC
Recruit

Post by MoldyC » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Hello guys, great work!! Been fallowing this site for years. Keep it up!! Quick question.
Is it possible to install BOP opts to work on XWA?
Have found some old ship files with there ops and tried to install them using MxT, and they wouldn't work.
Is there another way to make them install, these were written for BOP. Is there some way to change them
so XWA would recognize the files.
Thanks in advance

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:08 pm

I think you have to import them into Optech editor, then export/save to xwa .opt format. Why use old models anyway? :-)
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:35 pm

Why would you want to import models from BoP?
Firstly all the ships that were in XvT/BoP are also in XWA,
Secondly while vanilla XWA doesn't look pretty by today's standard's, XvT's models are yet inferior to them.

BTW since this is not really a bug, I'll move this to the Editing Forum.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

MoldyC
Recruit

Post by MoldyC » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:28 pm

Thanks guys for the quick response. What it was, is I found an old ship file and opt written by Darksaber for BOP made in1999.
It was a tie fighter, named Tie Armaggedon, it had 12 lasers!! 6 green and 6 ions. I have never seen a ship with this configuration before,
and would like to see how it fires. Is it possible to make it work for XWA?
Thanks in advance.

Random Starfighter
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Random Starfighter » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:40 pm

If you're only interested in seeing how it fires, why not just install it in BoP?

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:03 am

I think he also made it for XWA engine which looks better. I never DL'd it but you can probably still get it from internet archive wayback machine site. Yes, it's possible to have 6 lasers and 6 ions but it kinda messes up power bar settings unless DC is used.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.