DSUCP v 2.6 Release

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: ***NEW*** DSUCP v 2.6 Release *** NEW***

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:04 am

So basically, another reason to hit DTM.....
Catch me if you can! :D

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:43 am

@DS, I know. Just joking with you. :-) Hey I forgot to mention this. Maybe it should be posted under the AlliED thread, but I"m 99% sure the two AlliED files: Ships.txt and Short.txt are no longer used by the latest version of AlliED. Instead, the editor reads the ship type names directly from the Shipslist.txt and Specdesc.txt (the short names) files in XWA folder.

For in-game commander briefing screens, I think the Licons.bmp file (and their colored files) are outdated and perhaps need missing hull icons. And may then need their coordinates remapped to Shiplist.txt file using PalPatrick's MapIcon.exe tool. Once that is done and everything updated, we can then paste/map smaller sized icons into AlliED's "Palette.bmp" file for the expanded ship * slots which will help with mission editing. The expanded mini-ship icons will show up in Map briefing screen during game time, but they won't resize (animation) since Troy didn't program his editor to look at those extra * slots in Palette.bmp file. But it works with static images at least instead of a square. I'm re-checking which ship slots map to the Palette.bmp file and will post back here or in AlliED thread.

For the Licons.bmp file, I haven't tested yet, but I don't think the resolution matters. There maybe opportunity to revamp this file from scratch and use bigger higher definition hull icons such 32x32 instead of 16x16 icons. (?) The sizes are relative since their 4 coordinates are mapped in the ShipList.txt file (the last 4 group of numbers of 8 i.e.-- x,x,x,x, y,y,y,y).
There is a free program called InkScape (scalable vector graphics) that might do a better job of resizing and scaling HD icons into sharper images and then exported to .bmp/.png format rather than using our standard paint programs. Haven't had much time to mess with it yet. I've attached a copy of my Licon.bmp file. It includes icons for other models (cargo tankers, CFE, connector rod, stations, etc.) but we can easily add new blank spaces below and to right of what's there by changing the file's border dimensions. The game engine automatically compiles the native .bmp files into the .cbm files. I think we need to rename it from Licon.bmp to Licons.bmp, don't remember. The mapicons.lst file shows the converted .bmp names.
Licon.zip

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:51 am

????I've already enlarged the licon.bmp and the *.cbm files from 640x600 to 723x733 plus I've updated most and remapped all the icons, they are in now the order of the shiplist.lst,

I don''t know for sure, but making the icons bigger will just increase the size of the icons in mission briefings

Just tested by increasing the the co-ordinates of the xwing so a dozen or so of the other icons are in with the xwing, as I thought it showed all icons, so increasing the size of the individual craft icons in the licon maps will just increase the size of the icons in the mission briefings your going to have icons overlapping each other

Like so
Image1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Epsilon Eridani
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Epsilon Eridani » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 am

Great job with this Ultimate craft pack!

Only a minor observation: in the readme file under the new lasers section u) it's written

u) Lasers and Ions have had a makeover with the addition of Jérémy Ansel (JérémyaFr) the Weapons Color Hook, Darksaber has updated all the Laser and Ion Opts, You now have two choices of Lasers, the Standard XWA Lasers and the Star Wars Battlefield 2 Lasers

Standard XWA Lasers consist of:-
Imperial Lasers = Green with a Yellow core
Rebel Lasers = Red with a Qrange/Yellow Core

Star Wars Battlefield 2 Lasers consist of:-
Imperial Lasers = Green with a White core
Rebel Lasers = Red with a White Core

I guess the reference is to the new Star Wars Battlefront 2 since there are no laser weapons in Battlefield 2 (https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-2 ).

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:50 pm

Yes your right, my bad

Thankfully it's just in the readme files, thanks for pointing that out :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:24 am

Awesome. I see. Could you include your updated Licons.bmp and .cbm files with your DSUCP1.6AlliED files? My files are outdated. Thanks :-)

Edit: Regarding below post, thanks DS. Yeah, .bmp and .cbm's are needed for game engine. Haven't installed yet, I will soon. Thanks so much mate.
Last edited by Bman on Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 am

They're all included with either XWAUCPv1.6 or DSUCPv2.6?, plus there not needed for Allied?
- John Lydgate

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:23 am

Great work with the new craft packs! And I like the new laser colors for fighters much, in particular the blue laser shots of the Razor fighters.
There is a minor issue on the craft stats though: the MC80 Home One Star Cruiser has a hull rated 5056 RU.
According to this post ( https://xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... &start=289 ) the Hull Rating was updated to 15040 RU.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:49 am

Thanks Mark, your right, nothing much I can do about it, I might be able to do a small patch for it
- John Lydgate

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 pm

If the stats on that post are the updated ones, also the MC80 Liberty Star Cruiser has a slightly underrated Shield Rating: 3952 SBD vs 3968 SBD.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:22 pm

That's a "Craft stat rounding effect" I discussed here: https://xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 97&start=1
I mean fighters can have a hull rating discrepancy of 1 RU between the tech library and the game.
This discrepancy becomes 4 RU for heavy transports and 16 RU for capital ships and stations due to the multiplier.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Phoenix Leader wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 pm
If the stats on that post are the updated ones, also the MC80 Liberty Star Cruiser has a slightly underrated Shield Rating: 3952 SBD vs 3968 SBD.
@Pheonix, I've just done a fresh install of XWAUCPv1.6 and then DSUCPv2.6 and in both versions the Liberty came up with 3968 SBD

Just a thought have you bee using MXvTED? and using it to write to file, you may not of specifically touched the stats of the Liberty, but MXvTED does seem to round figures out when you press "Write", it may have had a roll on effect with the Liberty, dunno

I prefer to use BinHexEdit to change any of the stats as it's more accurate.
- John Lydgate

Atx
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atx » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Well done! Splendid job and kudos to all your tireless work!!!
The Navbuoy is closed...long live the XWAU!!!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:05 pm

CRS Home One Fix for DUSCPv2.6 and XWAUCPv1.6

This is a small patch to fix Hull Rate of the MC80 Home One Star Cruiser in both the DSUCPv2.6 or XWAUCPv1.6

Link Removed

Please goto Craft Pack Fixes for DSUCPv2.6/XWAUCPv1.6 to Download fix

Thanks to Mark_Farlander for reporting the error.

Enjoy!
- John Lydgate

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:14 am

Ok... I think I am showing a 'senior moment' here.... I may get teased about this but what is ABOP treatment?

second... you know how the opening cutscene when the Xwing's and TIE Fighters are in battle , and you can see inside the TIE Fighter's cockpit... is it my imagination? but since we have the new DSUCP v1.6... during space battles I can see inside the TIE Fighter's cockpits which is awesome!!! Also, believe me if I see something ( an error of some kind) I will let you guy's know....

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:06 am

Advanced Base Opt Project.

In short, no you're not imagining things. You can see inside most ships now if you are close enough.

Basically the low detail opaque canopies have been removed entirely for most of the star-fighters and some of the shuttle / light transport ships in XWAUP, custom ships outside of the R22 still require updating to the new format.

Basically it's a slightly lower detail, (except in the case of my releases that are yet to be updated) using LOD models in some capacity to ease rendering at distances you'd not be able to see inside anyways, exterior model applied at the base opt level. Kinda sorta makes the exterior opts obsolete too, though at this point generally the player exterior opt is a higher detail than the base opt detail.
Given the fact significantly higher vertex models are functioning smoothly in game at this point (unless you overload a region with SUPER HIGH ULTRA VERTEX MODELS IN LARGE QUANTITIES LIKE THIS TEXT), we figured why not upgrade most if not all ships to include detail that is typical of a modern release since computer hardware can more than handle the detail processing.

I would anticipate any past releases to likely be updated in the long run from DTM and myself, (not going to speak for DS) and all new releases will almost certainly have this concept applied going forward.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:26 am

Thanks Driftwood, for the thorough explanation… thought I was seeing things... :D Also learning something new Advanced Base Opt Project (good name for it...), also good to know on future releases with this concept..... :)

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 am

It wasn't really announced as a concept it was meant to be a surprise. Dtm did a splash release with his R22 as a teaser and apparently it flew under the radar of most people which honestly I'm surprised nobody noticed and mentioned the new details. This almoat wasnt "a thing" either, after I came up with the initial proof of concept there was some debate about feasibility, but Dtm took over and refined it and proposed upgrading all current XWAU fighters, transports that have exteriors for a 20 year overhaul unlike anything we've had before. Ds then hopped on board and updated the TIEs and obviously compiled everything.

Unfortunately we didn't make the 20th anniversary date to the day as we wanted to due to extenuating circumstances entirely beyond our control.

Anyhow this still should be a fairly exciting year with the Rebcp being updated and a few other releases likely occurring in the next few months depending if I get my butt in gear.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:47 am

Yeah... the R22 Awing I didn't noticed... I guess it wasn't my imagination after all.... :) Well thank you DTM, and Darksaber for the XWAU or DSUCP fighters and transports you guy's and JérémyaFr (for the Hooks) this game is more incredible than ever before...well done guys. :)

Sincerely, Rogue518
Last edited by rogue518 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:29 am

Darksaber wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:26 pm
Phoenix Leader wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 pm
@Pheonix, I've just done a fresh install of XWAUCPv1.6 and then DSUCPv2.6 and in both versions the Liberty came up with 3968 SBD

Just a thought have you bee using MXvTED? and using it to write to file, you may not of specifically touched the stats of the Liberty, but MXvTED does seem to round figures out when you press "Write", it may have had a roll on effect with the Liberty, dunno

I prefer to use BinHexEdit to change any of the stats as it's more accurate.
I read the tech library, which can differ from the game by 16 RU for capital ships, as Mark wrote.
Apology.

Epsilon Eridani
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Epsilon Eridani » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:37 am

I have the DUSCPv2.6 installed, then I installed the fix for the MC80 Home One and now with my new pilot after I completed the first 9 missions I cannot display the info about the MC80 Home One in the tech library as well as all the crafts included in the DUSCPv2.6 but not in the base game.
Does it have something to do with the CRS Home One Fix?

Epsilon Eridani
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Epsilon Eridani » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:42 am

With the default Temp pilot, who also has completed the first 9 missions, everything is OK though, and all the crafts are visible.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:29 pm

The Temp pilot file is only there so you can view the craft in the Tech Library, if your using your own pilot file you will only be able to view the Home One after it shown up in a mission, most likely you won't be able to view all of the custom craft either, I'm not sure it's been a while. I'm don't exactly know the first mission the Home One appears in but after playing that mission it should be viewable in the tech library :)

Oh it has nothing to do with the fix :)
- John Lydgate

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 am

As far as I remember the first mission where the MC80 Home One Calamari cruiser Independence appears is Battle 4, Mission 6.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:23 pm

turning around the problem: what make the TEMP.plt pilot able to see all the shipset? maybe there is a way to replicate that to a personal pilot. By the way one could ever copy the good old Temp and edit it, renaming and making him the pilot for the modded campaign you would had.