DSUCP v 2.6 Release

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: ***NEW*** DSUCP v 2.6 Release *** NEW***

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:37 am

Hi DS on a different topic, during the install screen of the wide screen resolutions, at the bottom you had two resolution choices for "atmospheric missions". Does that mean that if we choose one of the other HD options i.e. 1680 x 1050 we won't see any missions with those atmospheric.dat files? Just wanted to clarify I'm understanding that correctly. Thanks.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 am

Those two options are the two optimal settings that should be used for when there are atmospheric missions, and for when DTM releases his next version of the REBCP

Use any other resolutions and the atmosphere dats screw up, DTM could tell you better

I'll be adding either all the resolution options to the REBCP or just those two not sure yet :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:27 pm

DTM wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:48 am
It is widely believed in the web, that the color of the beems depends on the gas (ammunition) used by the different factions, and not only by the type of weapon. This would explain many things, above all because in some films a weapon shoots a ray of a certain color, and in another film the color changes.
Obviously, I believe that it is simply an artistic choice, but I do not mind the gas theory, it has its own logic...the color of the lasers could depend on a combination of two factors: type of weapon and gas used. Probably laser colors are a sign of ammo/weapons of better quality.
This is true in the new canon at least, in TLJ you'll notice once they get to Crait their blasters start using red bolts instead of blue, that's because they were using old the Rebellion power packs that are there. It's not actually mentioned on screen, but it's brought up in the Visual Guide IIRC.

I'm guessing maybe the blue bolts wouldn't show up well on Crait's bright terrain, or it was just meant to be a callback.

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Use any other resolutions and the atmosphere dats screw up, DTM could tell you better
In atmospheric missions, the terrain and the sky are objects of 26km, combined to create the illusion of flying at low altitude. The XWA graphic engine "turns off" large objects when the player's view is oriented in the opposite direction to the object's center. The higher the screen resolution, the smaller the object that is "turned off" by the graphics engine.
In making the objects that make up the ground and the sky I chose the maximum size of 26 Km, because they are always visible at the resolution of 1600x900. However, if you play with a higher resolution, the objects that make up the sky and the ground disappear when I look out of the scenario.
To make atmospheric missions work with higher resolutions, I should decrease the size of the objects that make up the terrain and the sky. The result would not be acceptable.

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 pm

Thanks for the ship slot list. That was what I was looking for.

The reason I'm using XWAU is because I cannot get DSUCP to run at all. The program locks up on a black screen accompanied by about 3 seconds of MIDI music, then nothing, have to end task in task manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results, using default selections. Anyway, most of the ships I want aren't included in the DSUCP, so I'm fine with XWAU, which actually works for me.

That's moot at this point, however, because MXVTED isn't working either. It continues to prompt me to select an EXE, I select the XwA exe, the program closes, and when I reopen it, it goes through the whole "you must select an EXE" spiel again, repeat steps, same results. In other words, it won't initialize the new settings. No difference when running in admin mode, it simply will not remember that I've selected the XwA EXE, so I can't open any .shp files or even backup images.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 pm

I suspect your running windows 10, I don't know if anyone has MXvTED running on Windows 10, but you would be better posting your problem in the Soft/Hardware Problems forum

When posting in the Soft/Hardware Problems

Please post your system specs, OS and so on, it could help :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Couple points,

1. If you're running XWA Kriegmacher, you should use Allied, no?

2. DTM, I think I've noticed the unloading of assets like this before with large cap ships. Is it possible this instruction is buried in the EXE code? It might be possible someone might have run across it. I wonder how useful that feature still is with modern computers.
Image Image Image Image Image

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 pm

ual002 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:12 pm
1. If you're running XWA Kriegmacher, you should use Allied, no?
Hmmmmm??? why should he run Allied?? that's a mission editor, he's trying to run MXvTED which is a craft stat editor
- John Lydgate

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 pm

DTM wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:55 pm
In atmospheric missions, the terrain and the sky are objects of 26km, combined to create the illusion of flying at low altitude. The XWA graphic engine "turns off" large objects when the player's view is oriented in the opposite direction to the object's center. The higher the screen resolution, the smaller the object that is "turned off" by the graphics engine.
In making the objects that make up the ground and the sky I chose the maximum size of 26 Km, because they are always visible at the resolution of 1600x900. However, if you play with a higher resolution, the objects that make up the sky and the ground disappear when I look out of the scenario.
To make atmospheric missions work with higher resolutions, I should decrease the size of the objects that make up the terrain and the sky. The result would not be acceptable.
Interesting info. For the atmospheres, would it make sense (and/or would it be feasible) to implement them as backdrops, in the same way as the galactic plane backdrops in the the Super Backdrop pack, in order to prevent the game from turning them off?

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 pm

*facepalm. DS youre right. I misread that as XvTED

And I think the atmo, is a combo of backdrop and mission object to simulate hard deck and ground targets.
Image Image Image Image Image

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:37 pm

Thanks DS & DTM for explanations. Got it. I'll reinstall to utilize that then. :-) MXvTED4.x does work on Win10. You can edit the mxvted.ini file to give the full path. Another way, make a copy of your game .exe. Rename it [F2] by adding the letter "Z" at the front of the filename. Then open up editor and browse for the ZXwingAlliance.exe, save, and relaunch the editor. Then you can go back to searching the normal name way.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Gabriel Solo
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Gabriel Solo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:06 am

Darksaber wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 pm
I suspect your running windows 10, I don't know if anyone has MXvTED running on Windows 10, but you would be better posting your problem in the Soft/Hardware Problems forum

When posting in the Soft/Hardware Problems

Please post your system specs, OS and so on, it could help :)
I do not know if it is important, but I use MXvTED in window 10 without any problem, the previous one and the last one that was uploaded. I have not noticed any change with respect to XP or WIN 8.1

ffaaway
Rebel Alliance

Post by ffaaway » Mon May 20, 2019 3:30 pm

I am currently enjoying a campaign run-through with the DSUCP 2.6.

It's been many years since I've really played anything besides skirmish mode or mission editing heh.

THANK YOU Darksaber and EACH AND EVERY contributor to the XWAUP.

My last craft pack update was version 2.0 so I have missed out on a few years of the development process including all this hook wizardry, so I'm in catch up mode trying to learn how all this works.

The DSUCP 2.6 installer is better than ever making the whole process very user friendly!
X-Wing pilot since 1993 and still kickin'

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon May 20, 2019 5:56 pm

:D thank you, glad you found it to be helpful :D
- John Lydgate

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:52 am

I think I found a bug. If I use the laser of the battlfront version, then the TIE Bizzaro strangely has yellow laser. And another thing: The middle transporter of the rebels ( known from the empire strikes back ) can shoot at me strangely. This circumstance destroys some of the missions or downloadable missions of other users. Did I come across 2 bugs here? As soon as I install the single download for weapons from X Wing Alliance Upgrade and for the rebel transporter separately, this bug doesn't appear.

At this point thank you very much for your work Darksaber

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:41 am

I also think I found a bug... the Naboo Fighter is only shooting (1) laser beam..... (right laser beam only).

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:55 pm

I can confirm the issue with the Naboo N-1 having only one active cannon.

Can anyone confirm another issue I’m having, though? Whenever I fire and Advanced Torpedo, it appears as a communication satellite instead.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:01 am

@Avarice1987 yes that right the TIE Bizzarro now has Yellow lasers, The fix in the link below will fix the Medium Transport

@Rogue518 Fixed the Naboo Fighter

@Danhan Sorry, but the Advanced Torpedo's are fine, please try reinstalling

Link Removed

Please goto Craft Pack Fixes for DSUCPv2.6/XWAUCPv1.6 to Download fix
- John Lydgate

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:51 am

Thanks Darksaber... the Naboo Fighter is fine now.... :D

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:23 pm

@Darksaber Reinstalling XWA (GOG version) and the DSUCP 2.6 from scratch was my first reflex, actually. The issue still happened, and the only way I could correct it was to download and install the separate weapons package from the XWAU site.
— Hobbie Klivian

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Does this happen with any craft or a specific craft?
- John Lydgate

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:42 pm

I tried with the A-Wing, the XWAU X-Wing, and Spyder’s X-Wing, both in campaign missions and in skirmish. The issue appeared every time. Installing the standalone weapons pack got everything back to normal.
— Hobbie Klivian

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:53 pm

Sorry about this, but is it possible, to rename your current XWA Folder, then reinstall XWA and DSUCP, check to see if it still firing the Sats

But then could you zip up and upload the XwingAlliance.exe and the Equipment0.lst from the flightmodels folder please

Sorry to mess you about, but I'm not seeing any problems at my end, and I would like to check your files if possible to see what's happening

My PM is on if you want to send me a link, thanks
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:00 pm

hello,
Can you check the Muurian Transport weapons stats?

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:12 pm

Okay, I’ll reinstall and check.
— Hobbie Klivian