Flight Simulator issues with Multiplayer hook

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Flight Simulator issues with Multiplayer hook

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:59 am

I don't know if this has already been reported, but I've experienced a few issues in the Flight Simulator room after installing the Multiplayer hook available with the latest craft packs.
I have the feeling some of these problems might be somehow related to the fact that there is no new room available for the Multiplayer hook, as the default Flight Simulator room is used. Here is the list:

1.) When you are in the mission selection menu, pressing the "Training Exercises" button lets you scroll through single player missions, but the background image only changes when the first mission of the following battle is reached. This means you always see the background image of the first mission of the battle regardless of which mission of that battle you select using this method.

2.) The "Load" button in the mission selection screen and the "Mission Overview" button on the bottom left HUD are broken, as they always load the last mission loaded (Mission Overview just loads the Mission Description), not the mission selected. You need to double click the mission to load it.

3.) After loading a mission, hitting the "Mission Overview" button will give you the Mission Description, but there is no button on the screen that lets you go back to the mission Flight Groups. In other words, you can no longer come back or "Go to Briefing"/"Quick Start" either.

4.) When you are in the mission selection menu, the "Back to Concourse" button on the bottom right HUD is missing.

5.) After loading a mission by double clicking it from the mission selection menu, the "Return to Select Battle" button on the bottom right HUD is no longer available. However, that button is present if you load the mission from the Battle Selection screen, but the only way you have to get to the Battle Selection screen is to hit the "Training Exercises" button while in a Quick Skirmish.

6.) The old Battle Selection where you use the "Previous Battle" and "Next Battle" arrows to scroll through battles is missing, and after loading a mission, the "Previous Mission" and "Next Mission" arrows to scroll through missions are missing too.

7.) After loading an 8 player mission, the background image of Battle 7, Mission 4 is always loaded instead of that of the selected mission.

8.) The mission available in the Briefing Room is already available to be played in the Flight Simulator, single player mode. This is a bug as it should only be available in the Flight Simulator after you have successfully completed or skipped it, therefore it cannot be available in the Briefing Room and in the Flight Simulator at the same time.

9.) After loading a mission, the "Unlimited Ammo" option is cut. This happens because there is also a new option "Craft Selection" available on the screen, but the whole list was not re-centered accordingly.

Well, the only "bug" is number 8 (and probably number 2). The other issues can easily be played around, though they tend to make the Flight Simulator a bit dull.
Obviously I don't expect all these issues get solved soon, and I don't have any request in particular.
As I wrote at the beginning, many of these problems might be caused by the fact that the Multiplayer hook is forced to run in the same Flight Simulator room.
Giving it a new room would be awesome, but first there is the need to find a way to add new rooms to the game.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:39 pm

It sounds like you are using an old version of the hook. Try the latest version of it as most of the things you have listed have been fixed.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:44 am

Sorry I didn't realize there is a new version of the hook released a few days ago. I will try the new one and let you know.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:19 am

I've replaced the old files with the new ones downloaded from here: https://xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 33&t=11881
Now when I run the game, I get this message: xwing_series_hook_main (DInput.dll) "Tour Multiplayer Patch" is not correctly initialized.
Then while in the Flight Simulator everything goes like there were no Multiplayer Hook installed.

I've taken a look at the last modified dates and it seems that the dinput.dll coming with v 2.0a of the hook is the same of the DSUCP v2.6
So it might be the dinput.dll not up to date that causes the problem.

Another thing I've noticed is that the hook_wingmen_voices.dll coming with v 2.0a is older than the one installed with the DSUCP 2.6
I assume the pack also installs another mod requiring a more recent version of that hook.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:30 pm

I've just added a note to the topic to download the latest version of the hangar hook to prevent a startup error.

I've also updated hook_wingmen_voices just in case.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:05 am

I've replaced the files of the hangar hook with the latest version ones in the main folder (some of them were probably missing before).
I also have the updated hook_wingmen_voices installed.
Now I don't get the startup error anymore.

As for the issues I reported:
Phoenix Leader wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:59 am

1.) When you are in the mission selection menu, pressing the "Training Exercises" button lets you scroll through single player missions, but the background image only changes when the first mission of the following battle is reached. This means you always see the background image of the first mission of the battle regardless of which mission of that battle you select using this method.
It sometimes still happens, but not with all the missions except the first mission of a battle.
There is definitely an improvement over the previous version.
The "Training Exercises" button has been replaced by the "Tour of Duty" button.
Phoenix Leader wrote:

2.) The "Load" button in the mission selection screen and the "Mission Overview" button on the bottom left HUD are broken, as they always load the last mission loaded (Mission Overview just loads the Mission Description), not the mission selected. You need to double click the mission to load it.
Solved.
Phoenix Leader wrote:

3.) After loading a mission, hitting the "Mission Overview" button will give you the Mission Description, but there is no button on the screen that lets you go back to the mission Flight Groups. In other words, you can no longer come back or "Go to Briefing"/"Quick Start" either.
Solved as there is no "Mission Overview" button anymore.
Phoenix Leader wrote:

4.) When you are in the mission selection menu, the "Back to Concourse" button on the bottom right HUD is missing.
Not solved, but this is not such a huge problem since you can load a mission and then the "Back to Concourse" button becomes available.
Phoenix Leader wrote:

5.) After loading a mission by double clicking it from the mission selection menu, the "Return to Select Battle" button on the bottom right HUD is no longer available. However, that button is present if you load the mission from the Battle Selection screen.
Not solved.
Phoenix Leader wrote:

6.) The old Battle Selection where you use the "Previous Battle" and "Next Battle" arrows to scroll through battles is missing, and after loading a mission, the "Previous Mission" and "Next Mission" arrows to scroll through missions are missing too.
Solved, though the arrows are broken for multiplayer campaign missions.
And that famous "Return to Select Battle" button I mentioned at 5.) becomes available the first time you press an arrow.
Phoenix Leader wrote:

7.) After loading an 8 player mission, the background image of Battle 7, Mission 4 is always loaded instead of that of the selected mission.
Not solved.
Phoenix Leader wrote:

8.) The mission available in the Briefing Room is already available to be played in the Flight Simulator, single player mode. This is a bug as it should only be available in the Flight Simulator after you have successfully completed or skipped it, therefore it cannot be available in the Briefing Room and in the Flight Simulator at the same time.
Not solved. This is the main bug, the others are minor issues.
Phoenix Leader wrote:

9.) After loading a mission, the "Unlimited Ammo" option is cut. This happens because there is also a new option "Craft Selection" available on the screen, but the whole list was not re-centered accordingly.
Solved. The "Craft Selection" option has been removed.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Thank you for the feedback.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 am

One thing I don't remember: is the Multiplayer hook supposed to work with both the craft packs (XWAUCP v1.6 and DSUCP v2.6) or only with the DSUCP v2.6?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:32 am

It's available only in the DSUCPv2.6, if you want it adding to the XWAUCPv1.6 sorry, but you'll have to add it manually

I assume it will work with the XWAUCP though :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station