Massacre at Devaron (Fan Animation)

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Massacre at Devaron (Fan Animation)

Kilroy
Rebel Alliance

Post by Kilroy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLv6Txi ... e=youtu.be

This one is a bit more straightforward but I think some of you guys might enjoy it!

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:47 am

Now that is a planetary bombardment!

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:33 am

Great film, as always!

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:16 pm

Good job, though I have the feeling there are too few Imperial fighters knowing your style.
By the way, is that just my impression or does the Executor-class only have 11 engines?
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Kilroy
Rebel Alliance

Post by Kilroy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:41 am

Thanks! I honestly limited the number of ties for two reasons. First the Assassins alone would have been able to mop the floor with a dozen or so Z95s. If they had lasted beyond thirty seconds with anti-starfighter capital ships and fighters shooting at them together it would have made the Imps look totally incompetent. I figure if they only really start to break out the snubfighters after the cruisers are distracted by rebel starships it would make the encounter more interesting. The other reason honestly being that once you have a certain number of ships on screen in a fast paced scene the viewer's brain tends to switch off and stop recognizing unique objects and it becomes frustrating to their eyes. This is part of why much of the prequel films fail visually, it all turns into a blur that is difficult to follow and actually get invested in.

As for the engines I was using ESB as a reference and a few fan images. In the film you never see all of the engines and the pics I was using for reference had different engine counts (9, 11, and 13) I decided to go with 11 in the end. Guess that makes these are slightly different variations from the Flagship Executor.
Last edited by Kilroy on Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:12 am

Kilroy wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:41 am
First the Assassins alone would have been able to mop the floor with a dozen or so Z95s. If they had lasted beyond thirty seconds with anti-starfighter capital ships and fighters shooting at them together it would have made the Imps look totally incompetent.
I really wished J. J. Abrams had thought the same thing about the First Order. But does the First Order actually have any anti-starfighter capital ships?

Kilroy wrote:
As for the engines I was using ESB as a reference and a few fan images. In the film you never see all of the engines and the pics I was using for reference had different engine counts (9, 11, and 13) I decided to go with 11 in the end. Guess that makes these are slightly different variations from the Flagship Executor.
It seems there are 2 classes of Executor-class Star Dreadnoughts according to Canon Universe (but is Star Wars: Armada actually Canon?).
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Execut ... readnought

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:02 am

Great video as usual. Almost feel sorry for them with such a display of Imperial might.
Mark_Farlander wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:12 am
Kilroy wrote:
First the Assassins alone would have been able to mop the floor with a dozen or so Z95s. If they had lasted beyond thirty seconds with anti-starfighter capital ships and fighters shooting at them together it would have made the Imps look totally incompetent.
I really wished J. J. Abrams had thought the same thing about the First Order. But does the First Order actually have any anti-starfighter capital ships?
They do indeed use Lancer-class frigates.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:57 am

Really appreciated the Rogue Squadron-style warhead launcher mounted on those CR92a Assassin-class corvettes.

Epsilon Eridani
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Epsilon Eridani » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:07 am

Clearly the Devaronians were not expecting an attack.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Even if they were, what could they have done? The Devaronians didn't have all the fleet of the Alliance.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Mark_Farlander wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:12 am
Kilroy wrote:
It seems there are 2 classes of Executor-class Star Dreadnoughts according to Canon Universe (but is Star Wars: Armada actually Canon?).
Nice thing there are 2 sub-classes in Canon. I remember I somewhere read there were 2 sub-classes of Executor-class Star Dreadnoughts in the old Legends continuity too.
The Executor I-subclass had blue hull and 2 or 4 shield generators. The first 4 Executor-class Star Dreadnoughts manufactured belonged to this subclass.
In the old Legends continuity the first 4 Executor-class Star Dreadnoughts manufactured were the Executor, the Reaper, the Aggressor and the Brawl/Iron Fist.

The Executor II-subclass had black hull and 6 shield generators. Late production Executors such as the Intimidator (Black Fleet) belonged to this subclass.
The Annihilator is also thought to have belonged to this subclass. In Empire at War: Forces of Corruption the Annihilator has 3 shield generators hard-points.
As far as I remember 1 shield generator hard-point in Empire at War is the equivalent of 2 shield generators in X-Wing Alliance.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:12 am

I remember the Annihilator having grey hull in Empire at War: Forces of Corruption instead of the blue hull of the first 4 Executors.

Not sure if the 2 Executor sub-classes had different numbers of shield generators.
The Executor of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Craft Pack v1.6 clearly belongs to the subclass I as it is the Executor itself.
And it has 6 shield generators as well. Additionally, 2 of them are positioned in the best spot to place shield generators: just behind the bridge.