Restructure of forum

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

Restructure of forum

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:02 am

Hi folks,

as some of you might have noticed things moved around a bit. As the project is currently really picking up speed again we thought it would be a good time to bring some more structure and sense into the forum. Don't worry, nothing has been lost and was just moved around. We did get rid of the Lucas Arts games subforum and moved all posts into the new games forum. The Pilot's lounge has moved into the new community section where you find a bunch of other member owned sub-forums. Feedback has been removed and the posts have been added into 'Project Discussion & Showcase' which used to be the XWA Upgrad Forum. Announcements & Release Notes has been newly created and will have all news from us for the project in it. Here you can only reply but not create any new topics.

There are some other news. We have cleaned up the moderator and admin settings of the forum. It just didn't make sense to have a bunch of fairly inactive members set to mods, and it was all a bit messy. Ace Antilles and Driftwood are our newest global moderators, and DTM is now our third admin.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:18 pm

This is good to know...… ;)

Edit: Thanks darklord for reminding me... my apologies guys, Congrats: Ace Antilles, Driftwood and DTM... :D

Sincerely, Rogue518
Last edited by rogue518 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:07 pm

Congrats Driftwood, Ace, and DTM! :D

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:03 pm

So many extra little buttons everywhere! If I accidentally delete your post rather than quoting it...
Well.. oops :D

Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Camerad
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Camerad » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:26 am

Sorry about what happened to your website. Good luck going forward. Thank you guys again for your ongoing commitment to the XWA project and to the humans who have joined to add their skills to making this the beautiful game it has become. I hope the TIE Fighter stuff will be continuing too.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i7-10700KF, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4, Geforce RTX 2080 Super 8GB

Atruejedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Atruejedi » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:08 pm

Is there an XWAUpgrade Discord? I'm heavily involved in the Rock Band custom songs community and for the longest time we relied completely on the forum to collaborate and exchange our project files. Now we mostly do that on Discord and the ease of collaboration and productivity has increased immensely (but it has also decreased activity on the forum, which isn't a good sign for newcomers...).

I made a mission with full voice acting a few years back and posted it here, but I don't think anybody ever even placed the damn thing. I hate to say it, but the utility of some forums has decreased greatly over the decades. It might be time to use a Discord as the primary method of exchanging information, and then posting those results on the forum for all to see. I'd love to get back into making missions if I knew people would play them!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:21 pm

Atruejedi wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:08 pm
Is there an XWAUpgrade Discord? I'm heavily involved in the Rock Band custom songs community and for the longest time we relied completely on the forum to collaborate and exchange our project files. Now we mostly do that on Discord and the ease of collaboration and productivity has increased immensely (but it has also decreased activity on the forum, which isn't a good sign for newcomers...).

I made a mission with full voice acting a few years back and posted it here, but I don't think anybody ever even placed the damn thing. I hate to say it, but the utility of some forums has decreased greatly over the decades. It might be time to use a Discord as the primary method of exchanging information, and then posting those results on the forum for all to see. I'd love to get back into making missions if I knew people would play them!
There is no official XWAU Discord. If there was we would have to moderate it and the team has no spare time for that now. We are using it now for our own team efforts to some degree.

There are many other XWA/XvT Discord groups out there. A lot playing Multiplayer.

I suggest you post in the Pilot's Lounge if you are looking for a group and someone may post a link.
viewforum.php?f=1
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost